47.

"Stephan please come up with Henry!", I cried on the phone.
"Huh!? Erica!? What's wrong!!", As he asked me, all I could do was sob.
"Calm down I am coming!!"

Within no time, the door to the penthouse burst open and they entered, still in their night clothes.

I was sitting beside the sofa crying my eyes off. Their eyes immediately reached to me and then drifted to the one lying on the sofa.

Their eyes widened, and they ran forward to examine the situation. I could clearly comprehend the shock they felt by looking at their gaping mouths.

"Erica! Don't worry! He is just drunk. But because he doesn't drink often, his body must have not reacted well to it. He's unconscious!"

The two carried Eric up and with loads of difficulty shifted him in his bedroom.
I called a doctor immediately, and he came in no time.

"Don't worry Ms. Miller! Stephan was right. His body couldn't take much alcohol. I am writing few aspirins and drugs that would help him ease the hangover. He'll be fine even before you know it.", I nodded at him and thanked him.

He left and Stephan gave the medication to Henry, who went to a medical store.

"Erica! Are you alright!?"
I nodded absentmindedly.

"What happened Erica? If you want you can share with me."

I knew what happened. But since he doesn't feel anything for me, all I comprehend is that he's a sore loser!

"Stephan I will go manage things in the office! I will cook for all of you, and you both please stay with him and take care of him.", He nodded and I left the room.

Several things were running in my mind. But I refused to acknowledge a single one. Had I not ran after my silly intuitions while he was just being kind to me, we wouldn't be in this situation. It's not his mistake! It's mine!

*

It was 3 pm in the evening when I was sitting in my cabin working. The buzz outside the office suddenly died down and I looked up only to see through the glass, him entering in his cabin.

Why did he come!?
He should trust me enough to manage here!!

I called Stephan immediately, "Why he's here Stephan!?"
"Erica I couldn't stop him! You know how he can be!?"
"Is he alright Stephan?", I asked him.
He sighed, "Erica he will feel better if you go and ask him the same."

I hung up and went to the office coffee machine to make a strong coffee for him. Once done, I went towards his office and knocked.
No reply came and so I went in.

He was sitting on his chair, a file messily opened before him, and his head held in his hands not caring as it messed his hair up. And I knew my answer now.

I kept the coffee on the table in his line of vision.
"Coffee!", My voice came out as a mere whisper.

He didn't look up. Not at all, but took the cup in his hand. Taking it as a cue to leave, I left the cabin.

We didn't meet the rest of the day, as he was in his cabin all the time. No visitor was allowed.

In the car, the tension between us could be cut by a knife and as soon as we got in the penthouse, we took our separate ways.
My heart was bleeding right now.

*

It was dinner time.

"Stephan please go call Eric down!", I urged Stephan who was busy on his phone texting.
He nodded and went upstairs.
I was not even finished serving the four of us, when Stephan came with a frown.