68.

To not disturb her sleep, I went downstairs to see the dickhead is back, and he's already causing a havoc in this otherwise peaceful mansion.

Ofcourse he wants a dramatic entry.

As his eyes fell on me, I couldn't help but feel good. Why? Because I can finally share everything with him, and get his advice.

Venus was yawning, so I asked Henry to keep their luggage in their room, and she can go and have a good night sleep.

"Why are there creases on your forehead Ashton? Not that they are not normally, but something is off!"
I would have smiled if I didn't prefer to be an asshole. They don't call me that for fun.

"We would need a coffee for that... complete dynamic changed.", I regretted the second I uttered the second part because I knew David will now have my head if I don't tell him right now. Like right now!!

His brows creased, and then he looked at me with narrowed eyes, "You didn't mess with Erica!? I swear Eric, if you even talk to her above certain decibels, I will dig your grave."

I did yell at her.

"Or you both had a fight, while I was away!?"

We did. I started preparing us coffee, already enjoying his rants.

"You got her pregnant?", I rolled my eyes at his assumption.

"I know how to have protected sex.", I sassed

He looked at me skeptically, "Then you probably cheated on her!"

I chuckled, "I am not you David! I can keep it in my pants."

"Where is she? I will ask her on my own..", And with that he started leaving the kitchen.

"I met her mother!", I uttered.

I watched him to see his reaction.

"You did what?"

"I met her mother."

"Holy mother fucking shit!!", He yelled so loud that Stephen came rushing in.

"Everything alright sir!?", Stephen asked me.

David whose jaw was on the floor couldn't say anything.

"Stephan it's alright. You know he's a drama queen. Finish with your work and go rest. Other guards will be out on patroling.", He nodded and left.

"Come, I'll explain you everything..."

*

"God damnit man!! And she is not aware of that? Eric do you know how difficult it is going to be for you when Erica finally finds it out?"
He scolded me.

I groaned, "David I don't intend on hiding. But when a simple name can trigger such a reaction from her, I am afraid what seeing her mother again will do."

"Eric! You are not doing this alone. I will be in it too. So when the situation finally comes, we take the fifty fifty blame.", I smiled at his suggestion. David has always been like this. Whenever I messed up, he was there to cover it up for me.

"Don't smile like an idiot.", He scoffed, "Tomorrow try to tell Erica. You can't delay because it is not just about truth, it is about the life of a cancer patient! You never know when she takes her last breath!! You remember what happened to our principal back in California!? He informed us that he still has time, and the next day we were attending his funeral!!"

I nodded, "I think I will try tomorrow. I did plan a date for us. But I wanted to tell her tomorrow that I love her, and not something which I know will drift her away from me!"