71.

E R I C A

"See! I told you it wasn't that difficult! Was it!?", He said as we came out of the magistrates office.

I shook my head, "It is because you were there. I would have had a panic attack otherwise."

"I am here...but you'll have to trust your own abilities Erica.", I nodded not at all convinced.

The man will be fined and jailed because mine was not the first molestation case against him.

We got in the car, and I kept my head on his shoulder. This morning I woke up pretty nervous about giving the statement. But now I feel good.

"To Nonna's Stephan!", I heard him say.

"Eric what are you doing tonight!?", I asked him when the car started.

"Urhm nothing significant! Why!?"

"We should go for a walk...may be David and Venus can accompany us. I just want a good time."

He nodded, "We can have a good time without David too. I don't want whole Rome to know our bedroom tales.."

I chuckled, already content with how beautiful my life has finally turned into. I have the man I love, and he claims he loves me too. I have people to call my family. I am doing something I love to against all odds. I have no one to fear to. And that all is because I have him beside me. It all looks like a dream I would never want to wake up from!

*

I got down the car after Eric and we started walking towards the main entrance to Nonna's.

I would have walked two three steps when I noticed he wasn't there beside me.

I turned and saw him standing by the car as if in deep thoughts.

"What happened Eric!? Let's go in. I am very hungry.."

He came out of his daze and looked at me. His eyes looking conflicted and it seemed he was scared of something.

Nonetheless, he walked towards me, and held my hand.

We started walking again and stopped by the doors to be opened for us.

I felt his eyes on me, and his hold tightening on my hand.
"You know I love you. Don't you?"

I heard him say that and so I looked up, "Ofcourse I do. I wouldn't forget it even after death!", I said chuckling.

Marcia opened the doors for us and I went in.

I was excited to tell David and Venus, about how he finally proposed me. I was even wanting to check on James and Jess after yesterday.

I saw everyone sitting in the dining room.

David was the first one to spot me.
"Hi David! What's up!", I chimed and went round the sofa to take the empty place beside him.
Venus was apparently not here.

David didn't say anything and that was pretty unusual but I proceeded nonetheless.

Though, as soon as I stood beside David my eyes fell on a certain hunched figure sitting on the other side between nonna and Jess.

I looked at James to see him already looking at me.

It would be rude of me to not acknowledge a person, who was probably their guest.

"Uh...hi..This is Erica!", I said to the female, and then my eyes drifted to Eric who strolled in.

I looked at her again, and that was when she lifted her brown hair covered face.