58.

E R I C A

When I woke up this morning, I found the bed beside me unoccupied. How did he wake up before me today!?

I slowly got down the bed, and sat at one edge when my eyes fell on a note sticking to my phone.

"Erica I have an important work today. Don't freak out for it may take me time. Don't worry for me. Take care!
E.A."

Important work!?
What work is it that I am not aware of?

I opened my phone and checked his schedule for the day, only to find nothing as of now. He just has a meeting with the human resource department, which is most probably going to be postponed.

Contemplating, I got ready to go to office. He didn't take Stephan or Henry with him. And then tells me not to worry about him.

With both guys, I came to the office and began my work. But my concentration was everywhere other than work. I was alone on this floor and it was creeping me out.

I decided to call him, only for his phone not reachable. Where can he go?

I went in his office and took a place a place in his chair. Ofcourse this room had to have his scent lingering around. That calmed me considerably.

The day passed and I left the office early to make dinner for him. God knows, if he ate anything whole day or not? Or what is he even doing.

I tried calling him again and again but in vain. He also wrote to not worry about him, but can I help it!?

It was past dinner time when I was done. I called Stephan and Henry and gave them their food. It was quite alot. I made everything that could help me distract from him.

Now, here I was sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob, waiting for him with the dinner.

You will have to make it up to me for leaving me alone for a whole day Eric!

*

I felt gentle caressing on my hair, and some soft sensation near my lips. I shook my head to remove the feeling.
A deep voice chuckled, and then my lips were captured. I opened my eyes and finally sighed relief when they his ocean green ones.

He moved back, smiling, "You should thank me for waking you up like this..", the jerk said.

I scoffed and sat up. I saw I was sleeping on the couch in a weird position, while he was sitting on the floor grinning like an idiot.
Also, he wasn't wearing an usual tuxedo, but a normal t-shirt, jeans and a denim jacket. His hair were all messed up and his face was a little red, as if he walked in sun.

"Did you eat your something whole day? I have made you some dinner..", I informed him.

He sighed and sat up on the couch, "No I am so habitual to having you beside me while I eat, that nothing goes down my food pipe."
See! I knew it!

"By the way, you look pretty young in this outfit!", I commented as I got up laughing.

"Is that a compliment I am hearing Miss. Miller?", He kept his both hands on his waist.

I shook my head, "It means you look older all other times."

I signalled him towards food, and he came and settled beside me, "You won't ask where I was?"

"Will you tell?", I don't want to be a clingy girlfriend who will question him everytime he's out of her sight. Yeah, I was worried about him. Probably, a little paranoid too.

"I went to California.", My jaw dropped as I heard this.

"California!? But why?"

He sighed, "I had some stuff to manage near the place I used to live. It's good now."