75.

E R I C

As soon as we reached outside the ward, Ms.Embrey was in, she told me she wants to go to the restroom. She was nervous and delaying meeting her mother as long as she can.

I took her bag and allowed her to go, while I smilingly entered the ward.
Mom and Ms. Embrey were talking about something. Ms. Embrey was already in a hospital gown.

"Guess who is here?", I said loudly to grab their attention.

"Who Eric?"

In reply I showed mom the bag pack in my hand, and she grinned widely as soon as she got the clue.

"Erica is here!", She announced and I saw Ms. Embrey's eyes widening in disbelief which was more of amazement and happiness. And then a smile adorned on her otherwise sad features.

Just then, David burst inside the room, "Oh damnit! Erica is here..."

"I know."

"See I told you...!", She can't resist her only brother, and then sighed contentedly.

"She's here for Embrey, David!"

"Oh C'mon Jess, I went to convince her!", As they talked, I came out of the room leaving her bag there and went in the direction of restrooms.

The worst thing about Erica is she wouldn't tell unless I force things out of her.
And seeing her troubled, sleep deprived face, I know I have to be there for her.

Two women come out of the restroom, as I wait there. They eye-fuck me for a while, unless I am out of vision, and then it was completely silent inside.

I would have waited for five minutes, but she never came out. And so with my thinned patience, I went inside.

God! What all I do for this girl? Sneaking into women's washroom!

I see no one there, and five out of six compartments were empty, as I could see through the light above.

Only the corner one was on.

I heard some murmur outside and so without a second thought I got inside the sixth section. To my utter relief, Erica was here, sitting on the toilet seat with her head in her hands.

But as soon as she heard commotion, she looked up baffled only to see me.

"Eric??? What are you...!", I went forward and closed her mouth, because the women who were outside were already in, and they were talking shit about how their blush washed away. Do women use blush even in a hospital!?

"Shh! Stay quiet!", I whispered and then removed my hand.

She glared at me and whispered, "What are you doing here?"

"As far as I know, no one takes ten minutes in the restroom, expect those old men who's digestive system starts rebellions."

She rolled her eyes, "What if someone saw you?"

"They'd know I am here to help you!", I argued though I knew I was acting silly.

Seven days, and now I don't want her to leave my sight. Even in the washroom.

I have lost it. I know.

"Eric you are mad!", I hear before she goes near the door to see if the two ladies are still here.
They ofcourse were. I went behind her and we peeked through the door. Those two were talking and giggling among themselves.

God such women used to infuriate me. They still do. Whenever David insisted I take a plus one to certain party or event, I was terrified.

I sigh happily when I realize that now I have her. I snuggle my nose in her hair and breath in her lemon, avocado shampoo. I missed her so damn much!