101. last hope

"Thanks for letting me stay here." I sighed, unfolding a blanket and throwing it across the couch in Raven's quarters.

Raven nodded, giving me a warm smile as she tossed me a pillow, "Always." she paused for a moment, her eyes watching me intently, "Is everything okay... with Bellamy I mean?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, stopping for a moment before turning to face her, "We'll be okay." I promised. Despite the fact that I was hurt by his decision, I still loved him...I always would.

Giving me a small smile, Raven decided to drop the topic, changing the conversion, "Did you hear Jaha's back?" she asked, taking a seat on her bed.

"Yeah," I replied, putting the final touches on my makeshift bed, "Kane mentioned something about it."

"I think he's lost it." she muttered, "He keeps rambling on about some City of Light, he's got people listening to him preach like it's some kind of sermon."

I snorted, shaking my head, "Three months in the wilderness will do that to you I guess."

Raven didn't answer, and I could tell she was thinking about something. When I looked over at her, a sigh escaped her lips. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a small disk looking object, "He gave me this." she admitted, holding the chip out so I could see it better.

I looked back at her in confusion, "What the hell is that?" I asked, leaning in so I could see it better.

Raven bit down on her lip, "It's the City of Light."

A look of bewilderment clouded over my face as I looked back down at the 'City of Light', "What do you do with it?" I asked, still inspecting the small object, "Is it like a hard drive?"

"You swallow it."

My eyes were wide as I leaned back slightly, "You're not going to..."

She shook her head, pocketing the object once again, "No." she answered, but there was slight hesitation in her voice.

However, by the look on her face I could tell she didn't want to speak about it anymore. So, like she had done for me just minutes earlier, I changed the subject, "Did Murphy come back with Jaha?"

Raven let out a bitter laugh as she pushed herself to her feet, "Who cares anyway."

I looked down at my feet and sighed. Murphy and I had not gotten off to the best start, hell we hadn't gotten off to the best anything. But after Finn's death he was there for me. Although not in a conventional way, I could tell he was trying.

Forcing a smile, I looked up, "Right."

Grinning, Raven reached out to squeeze my arm as she walked to the door, "I should go get some work done."

I nodded, "I'll see you later."

As I watched Raven walk off, I felt something in the pit of my stomach, like perhaps I shouldn't be letting her leave.

---

The next day I was walking from Raven's quarters to the mess hall to get something to eat. Raven hadn't been there when I had gone to sleep the night before, nor when I had awoken this morning, so I was on my own for lunch.

Well, that is until someone fell into step with me.

"Hey," he whispered trying to keep his voice down as to not be overheard.

I nodded my head in greeting as my eyes darted around the corridor, ensuring no one was watching, "Miller." I muttered, turning slightly to look at him.