🎵1🎵

Waking up to the sound of his name being called, Troye rolls out of bed and walks over to the small bed in the corner of his bedroom.

Smiling softly at the three year-old, he lifts her up in his arms as she starts giggling almost instantly. 

"Good morning, sweet girl," Troye coos, hugging her securely against his bare chest. 

He quickly helps her change her pull-up before getting her dressed in an outfit. 

"Ready for breakfast?" the elder asks, walking out to the kitchen.

She nods tiredly. 

Troye sets her down in her high chair and places a small bowl of cereal in front of her before moving her to the living room, and putting on Blue's Clues. 

Quickly running back to change into clean clothes, Troye packs a day bag for himself along with Bailey's day bag. 

Hearing giggling from the living room, he smiles for a moment before finishing getting ready. 

"Okay, Haybail," Troye smiles strutting back into the living room. "You ready to go?" 

"Yeah!" she squeals happily as her daddy cleans her face and hands off with a baby wipe.

Picking her up, he turns the TV off, and grabs his car keys before walking out of the small apartment. 

After strapping Bailey into her car seat, Troye sighs, climbing into the driver's seat, and starting the car. 

🎵

"Bailey, it's okay," Troye assures softly, hugging her tightly as she cries heavily into his shirt. lI'll be back before you know it, honey, I promise." 

"Can't seem to let you go." 

Troye looks up and smiles at the young guy in front of him, "Yeah. She hates this time of day." 

The man kneels down beside the two and smiles lightly, tapping Bailey on her shoulder, "Hey, little lady." 

Peaking her head out from the crook of Troye's now wet neck, she looks at the mysterious stranger with a red, tear streaked face. 

"Hi there," the man grins. "My name is Jacob. What's your name?" 

"Mphm," she murmurs looking back at her dad. 

"You can tell him," Troye smiles. 

"Bai'y," she mutters. 

"Bay?" Jacob smiles. 

"Bailey," Troye chuckles. "She's still learning, but she's getting there."

"Bailey! What a beautiful name! Perfect for a beautiful girl, too!" 

Laying her head back down on my shoulder, she continues to look at Jacob. 

"You know what I have for you, Bailey?" 

She shakes her head, beginning to suck on her thumb. 

"I have a kitten."  Troye gasps, "You hear that? Jacob has a kitten for you. You wanna go play with the kitten?" 

Bailey nods her head before pulling away from the blond boy.

He let her go as Jacob holds out his hand for her to take. 

Bailey places her small, non-thumb-sucking hand into his much larger one.

Troye sighs quietly in relief as he and Jacob stand up. 

Troye watches happily as Jacob and Bailey walk hand-in-hand to the back room with the other children. 

Deciding it was best to leave before she runs back out, Troye makes his way out to his car before driving to work, trying not to be late.

Again.