🎶4🎶

Troye sits on the couch, bored.

There was nothing to do.

He wanted to sing, but he was too tired.

The stars were shining brightly and Troye could see the Big Dipper from where he was sitting.

He loved the stars.

He loved anything having to do with the sky and space in general.

He knew all 88 constellations by heart.

The TV is playing Fight Club.

Jacob is over and he suggested it, and since Steele said he had never seen it, Jacob forced him to put it on.

Troye wasn't a huge fan, but he enjoyed watching Jacob get excited at certain parts of it.

An obnoxious sound rings throughout the living room and Steele leans over to pick up his phone.

"Hello?"

Jacob turns the volume down on the movie.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Yeah, sure. I-I'll be right there."

Steele ends the call and sets his phone down before turning his head to look at the other two boys, "That was my manager. I gotta go into work for a bit."

"Oh," Troye mumbles. "Okay."

"I'll be back as soon as possible, okay? Jacob would you mind staying here with him?"

"Yeah, no problem," Jacob smiles.

"Thank you," the older Mellet says standing up and kissing his brother's forehead before making his way upstairs to retrieve his shoes.

He returns a couple moments later, shoes on his feet, and a sweatshirt covering his torso.

It was starting to get colder outside, even though it was the middle of September.

Troye loved it, cause it meant that his birthday was getting closer.

As the older boy left the house, Jacob and Troye sit silently watching the movie.

Eventually, Jacob speaks up.

"Hey, Tro? Do you wanna do something? I haven't ever really spent time with you. What do you like to do?"

Troye bites his bottom lip in thought, keeping his eyes on the television.

"I don't know," he mumbles after a minute.

"Steele told me you play piano. He says you sing too, and that you're really good. Do you mind if I hear?"

"Um...sure. Do you mind helping me to my piano? It's upstairs."

"Yeah, where at?"

"You'll see it as soon as you walk into my room," Troye explains carefully standing up and walking with Jacob. The elder stands up and helps him walk upstairs.

He smiles when he sees the piano and sits down gently before looking at it.

Troye mutters a thank you as he sits down letting go of Jacob's grip.

Pressing the keys a few times, he looks at the elder, "Any requests?"

Jacob shakes his head, "Anything you want."
It is a twenty one pilot song...
Troye thinks for a moment before pressing the keys again and starting a song.

"Now, the night, is coming to an end..." Jacob smiles softly.

"The sun will rise, and we will try again... stay alive, stay alive, for me. You will die but now your life is free, take pride in what is sure... to...die..."

Jacob bites his lip carefully.

Troye's voice is beautiful.

He could listen to it all day.

"I will fear the night again..."

"I hope I'm not my only friend...stay alive, stay alive for me...you will die, but now your life is free take pride in what is sure... to... die..."

Jacob grins and claps as the song ends and lets out a breath, a smile taking over his lips.

"That was amazing, Troye."

"Thank you," Troye giggles.

He shuts his eyes and sighs.

"Are you okay?" Jacob asks softly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Troye replies, his eyes still shut. "Singing just takes the breath out of me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. Well, I didn't think about it anyway."

"No, it's okay. If I didn't want to do it, I wouldn't have."

"Can I do something to help?"

Troye shakes his head, "No, I just have to...take a minute."

After a moment, Troye's breathing was even again.

"You're an amazing singer," Jacob says.

"Thank you."

The two boys stare at each other shyly, smiles staying in place on their faces.

Before they know it, after going back downstairs Steele is walking back into the room, "Hey, guys."

They snap out of their trance and look at the older Mellet.

"Hey," Jacob says quickly.

"Hi," Troye whispers.

"What's up? The movie's over."

Jacob and Troye look at the TV to see the play menu of the movie.

"Oh. Yeah. Troye was playing a song for me."

"What song?"

"Truce," Troye replies picking at a loose thread in his pajama shorts.

"I love that song," Steele states.

"Me too," Jacob says looking at Troye again.

Troye smiles shyly, a pink hue rising to his cheeks.