☔️10☔️

It was New Year's Eve.

Jacob had been in bed since three o'clock.

He wasn't ready to start the new year without the love of his life.

Not being able to kiss Troye on New Years hurt him more than any other day he wasn't able to kiss him. 

He was invited to the Mellet's house for dinner, but he politely declined claiming he had to work.

Which wasn't a complete lie.

He did have to work today. 

At home, cleaning. 

They didn't have to know that though. 

He ordered a pizza for himself and after a while of patiently waiting, he wasn't ready to get the door when the doorbell rang. 

Sluggishly he got out bed and walked down the hall to the front door. 

"Evening," the young delivery guy smiles. 

Jacob returns the smile lightly, "Hey. How much was it?" 

l15.43." 

Handing the guy a twenty dollar bill, Jacob says, "Keep the change." 

"Thanks, man!"  Jacob nods.

"Happy New Year," he says pausing to look at the man's name tag.

He looks back into his eyes, "...Troye." 

"Thank you. Happy New Year to you as well." 

Jacob watches as the young guy walks off the porch and climbs into the delivery car before driving off.

Jacob quickly shuts the door and walks into the kitchen. 

He sighs as fixes himself a plate and grabs a bottle of Powerade from the fridge.

He shuffles back to his bedroom and sits in bed before turning Netflix on on the TV. 

"Any pizza left for me?" 

"Nope. Sorry. Ate it all." 

Troye gasps with a smile forming on his face.

He flips open the pizza box lid and pulls out a slice, "How rude." 

Jacob grins and pulls the blond onto his lap, "What are we watching, baby boy?" 

"The Mortified Guide, what else would we watch?" Troye asks before taking a bite of the hot, cheesy food in his hand. 

"Oh. Well I was thinking we could watch," Jacob says as he scrolls over to Friends. 

"Mhm, mhm. Or y'know, there's this," Troye says taking the remote from Jacob's hand.

He scrolls to the recently watched and clicks on The Mortified Guide. 

He sets down the remote and lies his head on the elder's shoulder comfortably with a content sigh.

Jacob nods, "Spoiled princess." 

Troye giggles, "Guess what?" 

"Hm?" 

"Jacob," Troye whispers. 

Jacob looks at him. 

"It's midnight." 

Jacob grins, "Oh yeah?" 

Troye nods and sits up in his lap.

He wraps his arms gently around the pink haired boy's neck, "Happy New Year, my love." 

"Happy New Year to you, baby doll." 

The boys share yet another kiss neither of them will forget for as long as they live. A kiss of pure love.