🎵27🎵

"So, what exact type are you looking for?"

"I don't know. Like, I don't want something too big, but I don't want it too...simple either. You know what I mean?"

"I think so. Let's go ask him."

Following Alex over to the counter, the shop employee smiles up at the two men.

"Hello! What can I do ya for?"

"Um, I'm looking for a ring. I'm not exactly sure what type though," Jacob says awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Okay, not a problem! Do you know what you want to do with the ring? Any special occasion?"

"Engagement ring," he states quietly, suddenly feeling shy.

"Ah, yes! Right over here!" Following the man over to the end of the counter, Jacob looks over all the small bands in their places.

"Is this for a lovely woman or gentleman?"

"Gentleman," Jacob answers with a smile.

The man smiles back and pulls a velvet ring holder out of the glass case. He points to a black band, "My husband proposed to me with a ring similar to this one here. Sadly, I'm not able to wear rings while working."

The boy looks at the black band with a grin, "Can I get this engraved?"

"Of course!"

He nods slightly, looking at Alex, "What do you think?"

The boy shrugs lightly, "He's not my boyfriend, man."

"I still want your advice. You're gonna be my best man if he says yes."

"I'm flattered for that. But you're asking a guy who prefers diamonds. Chris does too, so I can't really give you advice because there would be no diamond rings left in this building," Alex laughs.

Jacob gives him a look, forgetting about the shop clerk, "Chris likes diamonds? Really? I don't see him as diamond guy. Huh. Weird."

Alex laughs more, "Just get a damn ring. I'm gonna go look over here."

Jacob looks back at the shop clerk, whose name he is now just noticing is Caleb, and smile sheepishly, "Sorry about that."

"No worries. Gotta find the perfect advice for the perfect ring, I understand."

"I think I'll take this one, please."

"Okay! And you want it engraved?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay, I will give you this sheet to fill out and you can just give it back to me when you're finished," Caleb smiles kindly.

"Thank you."

After filling out the ring size, metal type, and all that stuff, he gets down to the engraving information.

He blushes slightly at what he wants to put down.

Alex walks up behind him suddenly and places his hand on his back, "Don't look now, but Troye is walking this way."

Jumping up in panic, Jacob races around behind the counter, nearly tripping in the process.

"Hey, Alex," he hears Troye say.

Jacob grins, hearing the smile in Troye's voice.

"Hey, Tro. What are you doing here?"

"Hi, Alex!"

"Hey, Bailey! What's up girl?" Alex gasps in his infamous valley girl voice.

"We went shopping!" the little girl says excitedly.

"You went shopping?! What'd you get me?"

"Um...well...Daddy got you a coffee!"

"Um, no, daddy did not," Troye scoffs.

"Oh, come on, Troye," Alex laughs. "Give Daddy a drink."

"Hey. There's only two people I have and will ever call daddy. My actual father and..." Troye trails off and Jacob bites his fist hard to keep from laughing.

"And who?" Alex asks excitedly.

"No one."

"Is it Jacob? Does Jacob have a Daddy kink? I knew it! Do you have a Baby Boy kink? Is that why he calls you Baby Boy? Do I have a Daddy kink-"

"If I say yes, will you stop talking?" Troye laughs, clearly embarrassed.

"Yes!"

"Then fine," Troye mutters. "Yes, Jacob has a Daddy kink. Don't tell him I told you! He would destroy me!"

Jacob sighs, knowing Brendon was going to make fun of him.

"Oh, Troye. Hasn't he already done that in the bedroom?"

Jacob rolls his eyes at the tall man and hides his head in embarrassment.

"Anyway! What are you doing here?" Troye asks. "Uh, looking for a ring for Chris."

Troye gasps, "That's awesome! I wish Jacob would get me one."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's only been a year though. I don't want to rush it and it's not like I'm expecting one, I've just always wanted a ring from someone," Troye mutters shyly.

"So you wouldn't marry him or anything yet?"

"What? Of course I would. I'd love to marry him. I would've married him the second I met him at the daycare."

Jacob smiles, wanting to jump up and hug his boyfriend tightly.

"That's sweet," Alex states softly.

"Please don't say anything to him. I don't want him to feel bad or weirded out that I said that."

"I think he knows. It's no problem."

"Why do you say that?"

"He loves you. So much. You're all he talks about anymore."

"Daddy, I'm tired."

"Okay, honey, we'll go in a minute. But, I love him a lot too. It's kinda weird. I get overwhelmed sometimes by how much I love him," Troye chuckles nervously.

Jacob covers his mouth with a huge smile on his face.

"Anyway, we should get going so I can put Bailey down for her nap."

"Yeah, no worries! I'll see you later, Tro."

"Bye, Alex."

"Bye, Alex!" "Bye, Bailey," Alex chuckles.

"Okay, Daddy, they're gone."

"Shut up," Jack mumbles, embarrassed.

Looking at the paper once again, the man sighs contentedly writing two words in the Custom Engraving box. 'Baby Boy'.