🎵4🎵

"Bailey, it's okay." 

It was currently three in the morning and Bailey wouldn't stop crying.

She was tired, but she wouldn't sleep. 

"Do you want some milk or some juice?" 

"No!" she cries. 

Bouncing her lightly in his arms and rubbing her back, Troye sighs and curses silently to himself. 

He has no idea what to do.

She hasn't done this once she was a few months old and when it happened then, milk, a stuffie, and a pacifier were all she needed. 

Bailey continues to cry loudly as he wraps her blanket around her. 

"Bailey," the young dad whispers softly. "Can you tell me what's wrong, honey? I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong." 

Continuing to cry, she lies her head on his shoulder.

Rubbing his tired eyes, he decides to make coffee, realizing he's probably not going to bed anytime soon. 

"It's okay, sweet girl. You're fine," he states gently. "Everything is going to be okay, I promise." 

"Here, look. Do you want one of these?" he asks quietly holding up a cookie.

Turning her head the other way, he sighs and put the cookie down, taking a drink of his coffee. 

After almost 20 more minutes of crying and screaming, Tyler picks up his phone and goes to his contacts. 

Sighing, he clicks on the only contact that he could think of and presses the call button. 

"Shh," he mumbles quietly, waiting for the person to answer. 

"Hello?" a tired voice says. 

"Jacob?" 

He hears a bit of shuffling before Josh spoke again, "Oh, hey, Tro. What's up?" 

"Um, hey. I'm sorry to- hey, Bailey, it's okay- I'm sorry to call you so late. Well, early, but-" 

"Do you need help with Bailey?" Jacob chuckles. 

"So much," he says desperately. 

"Text me your address, I'll be over." 

🎵

Hearing the door squeak open about 15 minutes later, Troye snaps his head up to see Jacob who smiles when he notices Troye looking at him. 

"Hi," he chuckles. 

"Haybail, look who's here," Troye says softly to the sobbing girl. 

Bailey looks at Jacob with a red face and tear-stained cheeks. 

Jacob grins at her, "Hi, sweetie." 

Letting out a cough, she rubs her eyes and begins crying again. 

"Aw, honey," Jacob coos. "You wanna come sit with me?" 

"You wanna go see Jacob?" 

Bailey nods and reaches out for him. 

Jacob lifts Bailey up and rocks her gently while whispering softly to her. 

Lying back on the couch tiredly, the younger boy watches them before letting sleep take over his body. 

🎵

"Daddy," Bailey whispers. 

Troye opens his eyes and sees Bailey sitting on his stomach patting him on his chest. 

"Morning, Tro." 

Troye looks over at Jacob, "Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep." 

"No, it's alright. You needed it." 

"Thank you for watching her. I really appreciate it, Jacob," he says. He looks at messed up bed head. 

Him's a good looking dude. 

"Troye?" 

"What?" Troye asks, stopping his stare. 

He smiles, "I asked if you wanted to go to lunch?" 

"Um, sure."