☔️2☔️

I promise there is a happy ending

"Why did you leave me?! You promised me! You promised me, Troye!" Jacob sobbed angrily against the cold wall. 

It was close to 3AM.

Jacob was most likely scaring the surrounding neighbors, but he didn't care.

He had to let his frustration out somehow, or he'd break down completely and do something he knew he'd regret. 

"You promised you'd come home to me!" He screams, his face as red as the day he was born.

Bags under his eyes becoming more and more prominent as the days passed by.

"You promised we'd get married some day, you promised we would have children, and that we'd grow old together... you weren't supposed to die yet..." he mumbles, "you had so much left to do with your life... why'd you leave?!" 

Punching the wall, a hole falls through the drywall.

Jacob looks at the hole in shock, surprised to not feel anything on his hand.

He glances at his knuckles that were already beginning to swell. 

Letting out a shaky breath, the man stumbles his way to the living room, falling down onto the couch. 

"Troye, I miss you so goddamn much. When will you come home?" 

Jacob sighs, looking around the quiet apartment, hoping to see his boyfriend walk into the room, his hair up in all directions from sleep. 

He continues to talk aloud to the boy who wasn't there. 

"I bought your favorite movie. We can watch it when you get back, okay? I'll, um, I'll put it on, we c-can, y'know, we can have dinner and fall asleep really late just like old times, alright? Just... just please hurry home, Tro..." 

Lying down on his side, Jacob sniffles, staring at the black screen of the TV,

"Goodnight, Troye. I love you."