🎵18🎵

"This is so precious."

Looking up from his phone, Jacob sees Alex smiling at him.

"Precious?"

Alex lifts Bailey and sits down on the chair, setting her back on his lap, "It's precious. He's snuggling so close to you. It's cute." Jacob blushes, "Shut up."

"He's really tired. Why's that?" Alex winks.

"It's not that," Jacob rolls his eyes.

"He just didn't get much sleep last night. Honestly, I don't think he's been sleeping very well at all these past couple days. He's been kinda cranky and moody and just...tired, but I haven't seen him sleep or anything hardly at all."

"I wonder why?"

The elder shrugs lightly, careful not to wake Troye up, "I'm gonna talk to him about it later when he's awake."

Alex nods before turning his attention to the little girl coloring in his lap.

"So," Jacob says. "Bailey tells me you have a crush."

Alex blushes, not looking at me, "No. I don't know where she would get that idea."

"That guy you were talking to!" Bailey exclaims.

Troye stirs slightly, Jacob instantly shushing Bailey who slouches against Alex.

"What guy were you talking to?" he asks quietly.

Alex sighs, "His name is Chris. I went to school with him. He was dropping off his nephew and we got to talking and catching up and stuff."

"Do you like him?" Jacob asks in all seriousness.

"I mean yeah, he was my best friend in middle and high school, but we lost touch after graduation. I moved to LA and he moved to New York for college so we went our separate ways and haven't spoke until today."

"Wow. What's he doing in Cali?"

"He said he got a job here in LA. He went to school for child development just like we did."

"Is he a teacher?"

"I don't know. He didn't exactly tell me."

Jacob nods, "Well, that's good though, you two can catch up again."

Alex grins with a nod.

"Alright, you guys. It's to time to- oh, who's this?"

Turning to Michelle, Jacob smiles, "This is my boyfriend Troye."

"Awe, he's a cutie," she smiles. "Tired, though."

He nods, looking down at the sleeping boy.

"I'm sorry to break you two up, but people are starting to drop off."

"Okay," Josh sighs. "We'll be out in a minute."

Michelle walks out of the room and Jacob looks at Alex with another sigh, "Time for work."

Alex nods, "Bailey, let's go out to the playroom, alright?"

"Otay!"

Standing up, Jacob carefully holds Troye and walks over to the couch.

He stirs lightly as he's put down and he looks at Jacob tiredly.

"Go back to sleep, baby boy," the elder whispers. "I gotta get to work, but I'll keep checking on you."

He nods slowly and Jacob starts to walk away only to be held back by Troye's grip on his hand.

He pulls him down closer to him and puckers his lips slightly.

Jacob chuckles and pecks his lips, "Sleep tight, baby boy."