The awakening

Warm.

That's all I feel, the comfort of my wonderful bed. At least I thought it was my bed. Until I opened my eyes to be greeted by nothing but a bright ceiling.

Which was too bright to my liking.

It looked almost like the ceiling of a hospital room and that's when I realized that I'm not in my room anymore. I sit up from the comforter and looking around the room where all I see are lab tables, holographic screens, and just white... everything.

Then, I realized I was not even in my own universe as I looked over towards the door that just slid open, with the infamous Bruce Banner stepping into the room.

•••

6:30 a.m. 9 February 2013, Avengers Tower

"Morning J"

"Good morning Sir." The A.I. responded to the man who's moving swiftly down the hall towards his workshop, eager to continue on his latest project.

"Any news for today?" Tony spoke out to the ceiling.

"None at all sir... would you like me to inform you if anything changes?" J.A.R.V.I.S. questioned.

"Yeah, that would be great bud." The man informs as he starts pulling up different tabs, scribbles written all over the place as he tries to get his blueprints in order.

As it got later he assumed it was going to be just another regular day (or so he thought). Until it reached the middle of the day, the sun settling low as people still rushing about either in the tower or down on the streets below when he received the most bizarre update from the A.I.

"Um, sir there appears to be a random woman on the premises..."

"Just give her an autograph picture and shoo her away, just like we discussed bud," Tony mutters, not bothering to look up at the screen that is being displayed for him.

"No sir you don't understand, the girl appears to be unconscious and as if she had came out of nowhere. It's almost as if she just came out of thin air."

The man instantly snaps his gaze up at the screen J.A.R.V.I.S. provided visual for him, it showed the front of the tower where a girl was laid out in a fetal position on the cement floor in front of the entrance.

"Alright bud, I need you to call the rest of the team down, have Banner meet me at the front in 2 minutes...and call Capsicle. Tell him this one is important." He announced, analyzing the image of the mysterious girl lying on the floor outside of the tower.

The small woman with her back facing the outside world, long-wavy chestnut hair sprawled out around her like a sea of chocolate, her long eyelashes laying perfectly on her olive-tone cheeks with her mouth laid slightly open, letting the air fall out of her lips that matched with her small frame moving up and down gently as she slept there. But what caught his attention the most when he zoomed in, was the pendant she was wearing.

A logo that was strangely similar to the towers symbol and the words engraved underneath on another pendant that was hiding beneath the first one, with the same words that have been said by none other than the man of freedom himself, "Avengers..."

Although, they didn't know that yet.

•••

"Well... hello there. I'm Doctor Bruce Banner and I'm just going to analyze your progress and maybe do a check-up, if that's alright with you?..."

I just nod my head after a pause, not sure if I could even trust my voice at the moment. I receive a content nod from him as if he seemed satisfied with my answer.