His Tutor

Chapter Two

A few weeks had passed since everyone had arrived back at Hogwarts.

Hermione sat with Ron and Harry eating breakfast in the Great Hall. 

"What lesson do we have first," Ron asked through a mouthful of food.

Hermione who was used to his disgusting table manners ignored the food flying out his mouth and answered tiredly. "Transfiguration with Slytherin"

"I thought that was tomorrow," Harry asked looking confused. 

Hermione sighed, "No tomorrow we have Potions with Slytherin."

 Harry and Ron groaned at the thought. 

"Come on, hurry up we're going to be late," she snapped, collecting her stuff and standing.

The boys followed, though not particularly happy about it.

———

Hermione sat at the back of Transfiguration with Harry and Ron turning the cushion in front of her into a pig and back again. 

"Very good Miss Granger," Professor McGonagall said giving Hermione a thin smile.

"Thank you Professor" Hermione responded happily.

"ThAnk yoU PrOfesSor" Harry muttered mocking Hermione as soon as McGonagall was out of earshot. She kicked him playfully under the table and he winced slightly, leaving a smirk plastered on her lips.

 Harry turned back to his cushion, rolling his eyes.

"How much longer Harry" Ron said groaning as his cushion sprouted a pink, curly tail.

 Harry glanced down at his watch "Two more minutes," he responded, "We should be finishing up soon."

As he spoke McGonagall looked up from her desk where she was marking papers. "You may pack up now but I must ask you, Mr Malfoy, to stay behind." She said her voice stern as usual. 

The trio shared a look and grinning softly as Malfoy rolled his eyes. 

"Oh, and may I also see Miss Granger" McGonagall continued.

Hermione sighed and glanced at Harry raising her eyebrows.

"Don't worry we'll wait outside," Harry muttered, patting her back reassuringly as he and Ron made their way towards the door.

Hermione sat down in front of McGonagall's desk. Malfoy pulled up a chair and sat beside her although she noticed him putting as much distance between them as possible

"Well," Professor McGonagall said checking the classroom was empty, "Mr Malfoy as both you and I know, you didn't pass the start of year paper" Malfoy's face turned pink with embarrassment though he rolled his eyes to hide it.

McGonagall continued ignoring him "And as we all know Miss Granger is one of the brightest students in your year. So I have made the decision that Miss Granger will be tutoring you three nights a week until I believe that you have improved enough"

"WHAT" Malfoy yelled outraged "I AM NOT BEING TUTORED BY SOME, SOME"

"Mr Malfoy I would not recommend finishing that sentence and I would also not appreciate you shouting in my classroom," Professor McGonagall said coldly, "You are privileged enough to be let back into this school, check yourself."

She turned her attention to Hermione, who was sat with her eyebrows pulled into a frown. "Now, now Miss Granger I know you will be a great help to Mr Malfoy and I'm sure I can put in a good recommendation for you at the Ministry if you do a good job," McGonagall said her tone slightly softer than the one she used to speak to Malfoy. 

That was enough to convince Hermione and she nodded trying not to gag at the thought of spending time alone with Malfoy.

"Ok both of you may be excused, I will send you both owls later with more details," McGonagall said ushering them out of her classroom.

The teacher couldn't help but smile as she saw the two of them storm out of her class. "I just hope I'm right," she muttered to herself.

As they walked out Malfoy shot one last dirty look at Hermione before storming off in the other direction.

"What's up with him and what was that about," Ron said his eyes still glaring at Malfoy as he walked away. Hermione jumped and turned around, she had completely forgotten about Harry and Ron waiting for her. "Come on I don't want to be late," Hermione said, glancing at the clock on the wall beside them, "I'll explain in class" she added seeing Ron and Harry's suspicious looks.

They sat in the back corner of the History of Magic classroom as Professor Binns rambled on about The Goblin War of the 1400s. Harry turned to Hermione and whispered quietly "So can you explain now." Hermione nodded and quietly explained to her friends about what had happened in the classroom.

When she told them that she had to tutor Malfoy three nights a week Ron yelled "WHAT" a little too loudly causing Professor Binns to turn around and stare at him. "I-i was just so shocked that..." He squinted at the board trying to figure out what they were talking about "that over 5000 goblins were killed" He finally said somehow saving himself from detention.

Harry and Hermione tried to hide their hysterical laughter as Ron's face blushed a deep, crimson red.