Family

Chapter 26:

Hermione woke up on a couch in McGonagall's office. She opened her eyes and looked around, everyone was there talking softly, apart from Draco.

Draco.

She sprung up, "Where is he," She chocked out with a horse voice. Everyone turned to her and Lupin and Sirius sat down.

"Where is he," she repeated frantically.

"He's going to be okay," Sirius spoke softly pulling her into his side but she pushed away.

"No, I need to see him," She insisted with tears falling down her cheeks.

"Honey I'm sorry," Narcissa said kneeling in front of her, "Only his family can see him at the moment but the last time I checked he was still asleep," She soothed.

"Family," Hermione felt anger pooling in her stomach and her voice grew louder, "I'm more his family than you will ever be," she yelled and Narcissa stumbled backwards with glassy eyes.

"Mione you need to calm down," Lupin said calmly gripping her shoulder.

"You don't understand, I need to see him, I love him," she shouted as her voice cracked, "please," she whimpered as she collapsed against Sirius.

"Here take this," Lupin comforted handing her a piece of chocolate.

She took it with a trembling hand and placed it in her mouth. The usual flavourful food was dry and tasteless sticking to her mouth like mud.

Harry handed her a glass of water which she took thankfully.

"How long was I asleep," she murmured quietly.

"About an hour, the adults were outside talking the whole time," Harry told her and she nodded, feeling nauseous.

"Well, I think we agree this has been a stressful situation for everyone," McGonagall finally spoke and everyone went quiet.

"I have talked with my fellow teachers and we have agreed that since N.E.W.T.S are approaching fast all discussions of this night and punishments will be recontinued after the exams are over although you will all be sharing a dormitory with teacher supervision and will be required to isolate yourselves until after the exams are over. I also feel the need to say that Ron is awake and very weak, he will be kept in isolation as well until after exams and the same with Draco when he wakes up," She explained, "The last classes until the exams where today so as the same as everyone else you will all be studying alone,"

Hermione felt her head spin, she had forgotten about exams but she couldn't think about anything other than Draco. Why was he such a bloody idiot, she hated him because she loved him too much.

"Mione are you okay," Lupin said and she looked up to see his hand waving in front of her face. 

"I just, just leave me alone," She snapped leaving the room. She stumbled through the empty school although because of the noise from the great hall she assumed everyone must be having dinner. She didn't know where to go, she just let her feet lead her through the corridors she knew all too well. Past moving staircases and portraits that called out her name, there were too many memories. 

Eventually, she stopped at the top of the astronomy tower. Sitting down she let her feet dangle off the edge as she stared out at the forest. The tips of the trees were pink and orange from the dazzling sunset, her eyes traveled to the lake in the distance which was dancing under the light. 

The only person she could think of was Draco, feelings of hatred, and love rising in her chest at once. 

"Mione," A soft voice said and she turned to see Harry approaching her with a small smile.