Malfoy Manor

Draco sprinted towards the common room as soon as the door closed.

He stumbled into the empty room and grabbed the jar off floo powder on top of the fireplace.

"Malfoy Manor," he stated clearly throwing the powder into the fire.

The green flames sprung up around him as he spun around.

The room flipped and tumbled around until he landed in a pile on the dusty dark floor.

He coughed and stood up brushing himself off. Everything was covered in a thin layer of dust and Draco took a deep breath of the musty air fighting the urge to cough again.

He walked quietly towards the door squinting through the darkness. He fumbled with the doorknob wincing at the high pitched sound it created.

He gripped his wand tighter as he stepped out into the hallway. A soft glow was coming from the door at the end of the hallway and the faint sound of voices drifted off the walls and he felt his heart leap in his throat.

He raised his wand and continued to walk forward towards the door. As he reached it he hesitated before reaching out with a trembling hand.

He leant forward trying to peek through the gap. His footing slipped and he stumbled trying to regain his balance against the door.

It swung open and he rolled forward crashing into the room in front of him.

He jumped to his feet quickly reaching for his wand.

"Looking for something Draco," The gruelling, familiar voice shook the boy and he looked up to see his father examining his wand.

"Draco run, get out of here" another familiar voice yelled and Draco's heart dropped.

"Let her go," Draco yelled looking at wormtail who was holding his girlfriend with a wand to her throat.

"Oh has Dragon got a soft spot for a mudblood," His father teased again with anger in his eyes.

"I guess all snakes have a soft underbelly," He hissed caressing Draco's cheek with his cold hands.

"Get off me," Draco yelled slapping his fathers hand away.

Lucius eyes turned dark, "You disrespectful child, CRUCIO" he pointed his wand at Draco who let out a pain stricken scream.

He could hear himself screaming and pain burned every inch of his skin. His eyes rolled back and he shrivelled trying to escape.

Suddenly it all stopped and he was left panting wildly for breath on the floor. His head was foggy and every small movement ached.

"Have you learnt you lesson," His father smirked.

Draco didn't answer as he lay on the floor crippled.

"Answer me," He yelled crouching down and bringing his hand swiftly across the boys check leaving a bright red mark.

"Fuck off," Draco managed to spit out.

"You little shit," His father snapped standing up and walking over the Hermione, "Let's see if this will help you learn some manners,"

"Don't touch her, don't you dare," Draco tried to get to his feet but his legs gave way.

The man turned back to smirk at his son, "Crucio," he shouted again aiming his wand at Hermione.

Her screams filled the room and Draco's heart broke, Adrenaline rushed through his body and he pushed himself up to his feet.

"STOP IT," He screamed with every ounce of energy he had left.

"Drop her," Lucius directed lowering his wand and Wormtail released the limp girl letting her crumple to the floor.

Draco rushed to her side and fell to his knees pulling her head into his lap.

"From now on you are going to address me with the respect I deserve," Lucius smiled awfully sweetly.

"Now get up we are leaving," He added.

"I'm not going anywhere with you," Draco argued weakly.

"Are you so sure," The blonde man smirked placing his wand under Draco's chin and lifting his head.

He traced his wand along the young boys cheek, slitting the skin.

Draco winced and brought up his hand to touch the blood dripping down his face.

"Kill the spare she's useless now," He snapped losing patience.

"Don't touch her, if you want to kill her you'll have to kill me first," Draco snapped moving in front of the unconscious girl to protect her.

"Then I guess i'll have to kill you both," He smiled joyfully drawing his wand.

"Don't you even think about," Sirius growled emerging from the shadows.

Lucius spun around as spells flew from all sides of the room.

Draco pulled Hermione into his chest and closed his eyes wrapping his arms around her tightly.

The shouted slowly subsided and Draco heard someone walk closer to him.

"Draco," they said softly reaching out to touch his arm.

He flinched away and squeezed his eyes shut tightly.

"Hey kid it's me," He recognised Sirius voice and opened his eyes.

"Let me take Mione," Lupin said softly trying to pry Draco's arms open.

"Don't touch her," Draco winced again pulling her tighter into his arms and closing his eyes.

"He's not in a good way," Lupin said quietly walking back over to the other adults.

"The others took Malfoy and Pettigrew back to the Ministry and apparently there were a couple more ex death eaters in the back room," McGonagall informed them quietly.

"We need to get everyone out of here, they could have rigged the place," Severus hissed.

"Draco's not doing good and Mione's unconscious," Sirius muttered, his anger towards Lucius very obvious.

"Then we'll do it by force," Severus muttered although it sounded more like an order.

Draco sat rocking back and forth on the ground with Hermione in his arms.

"Hey mate how about we go back to school, just let me take Mione," Sirius said again kneeling down beside Draco.

"Go away," Draco muttered.

Sirius grimaced and nodded towards Severus who come forward and stood next to Sirius.

Lupin softly grabbed one of Draco's arms while Severus took the other.

"What are you doing get off me," Draco chocked.

Sirius quickly swept Hermione into his arms causing Draco to panic more.

"Sedato," Lupin muttered pointing his wand at Draco's back.

The boy went limp in his arms and Lupin picked him up.

"Jesus these kids," Sirius said quietly holding Hermione, "Let's just get back,"