Intervention

TW: mentions of self harm and underaged drinking again lol

Chapter 14

Hermione woke up to sunlight seeping in through a gap in the curtains. Her head was pounding from being up all night with Draco.

She leaned over and checked on him, he was paler than usual and his head was burning. "Shit," she muttered to herself.  

Jumping out of bed she grabbed a bucket, which she put on the floor beside him and a wet cloth, which she pressed to his head. His eyes opened slowly and he started shivering. 

"Shhhh, come on go back to sleep," Hermione whispered to him as he gripped her hand tighter. She lay her other hand in his hair and started to sing. It was a muggle lullaby that filled the room and soon Draco was asleep in her arms. 

There was a knock at the door a while later and Hermione tore her eyes from the beautiful sleeping boy to look up.

Snape and McGonagall stood in the doorway watching curiously. Hermione bit her tongue so she didn't lose it at the two adults for showing up. Carefully she pried her hand from Draco's who whimpered slightly and made her way to the door which she closed behind her.

"What," Hermione asked coldly which shocked both the teachers. 

"Miss Granger I think you know 'what'," McGonagall answered trying to read her student's face.

"No, I don't think I do," Hermione shot back glaring.

"Miss Granger, I need to talk to Mr Malfoy and you need to go to class," Snape said before McGonagall could respond.

"Keep your fucking heads out of other people's fucking business," Hermione screamed at her teachers before walking back to Draco and slamming the door behind her. 

"Get Narcissa, Remus and Sirius, I know what's going on," Snape whispered to Minerva who nodded and ran out of the common room.  

Snape stood with his back to the door unaware of what was happening inside. 

Hermione walked back over to Draco whose eyes were open and watching her intently. "Woah I didn't know you yelled at teachers," He whispered smirking slightly. 

"Well, I see you're feeling better," She retorted planting a kiss on his head. 

"So what happened out there anyway," He asked with a croaky voice. 

"Oh, Snape and McGonagall are outside and they wer-," She started explaining but Draco cut over her. 

"Snape's there," He asked a look of worry spreading over his face. She nodded and he groaned, "Quick pass me my wand."

Hermione looked at him confused but did as he asked and she handed him her wand. 

He tapped his arm muttering a few words under his breath, instantly the color flew back into his pale face and the bags under his eyes disappeared. He ripped the bloody bandage off his arm and threw it in the trash, the fresh scars on his arm had disappeared, although he still winced slightly when he touched the place they were.

"You're gonna use a glamour, really Dray," She asked as she sat next to him and he nodded sincerely, "you don't know what he's like."

Seconds later the door swung open and McGonagall walked into the room, she was followed by a worried looking Narcissa, Lupin, Sirius, and finally Snape, who stormed in and locked the door behind him.

"What is this a fucking intervention," Draco said hiding the fatigue in his voice.

"Language Draco," His mother responded and he turned his head in her direction. 

"What the hell is she doing here," He snarled glaring at her.

"Mione we should leave," Lupin said from the back of the room but Draco gripped her hand tighter and she shook her head. 

"Draco tell them or I will," and everyone turned their attention to Snape who stood beside Draco with his hand on his shoulder.

"You don't know anything," He whispered trying to hide the tone of panic in his voice. 

The teacher sighed and grabbed Draco by the shoulder pulling him up and out of bed. His knees buckled slight and he grabbed onto Hermione's arm.

Snape stepped back and pointed his wand at Draco. "Reveal all," He said strongly and a spark of gold light shot out of his wand. Draco tried to dodge it but fell to the floor in a heap, the color left his skin and dark bags reappeared under his dull eyes. 

Snape grabbed him again and dragged him to face the adults, he pulled out his left arm and shoved the sleeve of his hoodie up to reveal the deep red slashes on his wrist. Gasps shot across the room but Snape ignored them.

He let go of Draco who stumbled backwards onto the bed and pointed his wand at the bin which tipped forward. A dozen firewhiskey bottles and bloody bandages rolled out causing more arguments to break out between the adults.

No one noticed Draco rocking back and forth on the bed, tears gushing from his eyes, no one noticed apart from Hermione. She sat with him enveloped in her arms, singing quietly in his ear.  

The adult's yells grew louder, "Stop it," Hermione said but no one noticed. "STOP IT," she yelled and everyone turned to her. 

"Why don't you stop shaming him about it and try to help because maybe if you did care this wouldn't be happening," She shouted every word filled with pain.

She turned her attention to Narcissa, "You're his mother and you did nothing to protect him from the evil shit he has to call his father, but now you can help and you're ruining your chance, so if none of you are going to be adults shut up and get out."

Everyone stared at her and slowly they all turned to leave the room apart from McGonagall. She watched as Sirius gave her a quick smile and a thumbs up before shutting the door softly.  

McGonagall sat on the end of the bed facing them both.  Draco was still sobbing silently and Hermione was gripping him tightly.  

The teacher reached out and gently took his arm, he flinched but didn't pull away. She tapped it with her wand and the red cuts healed into soft white scars. 

She stood up without speaking and pulled Draco into a warm hug, Hermione watched slightly shocked as McGonagall held him in her arms.

"I'm so sorry Draco," she whispered, her voice was soft and there were tears in her eyes, "I'm so sorry."