Missing

Draco finally sighed and sat up in bed. He had rolled around all night listening to Harry snore instead of sleeping until the sun started to slip through the curtains.

He changed silently and crept out of the dorm moving into the common room.

He looked up at the clock ticking on the wall. It was the back of five meaning the sun had probably just risen.

He rubbed his face in his hands and took a deep breath trying to ignore the sick feeling in his throat.

He left the common room and moved through the corridors.

It was too early for anyone to be awake on a Saturday morning so the blonde boy slipped down the entrance hall unnoticed.

He reached the grounds and began to run. His feet pummelled the ground and the soft wind whipped his hair back.

He ran for as long as his body would let him before stopping. His checks where rosy pink and his breath stung his dry throat but his head felt clear.

He trudged back towards his dorm. There where a few kids wandering the hallways but the common room was still empty. Harry was snoring in his bed so Draco walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

He turned the shower on and stepped under the cold rushing water.

When he changed and entered the common room again Harry was awake and talking to Sirius and Lupin.

"There he is," Lupin said beckoning Draco over.

"How did you sleep," Sirius asked him.

"I didn't," Draco muttered sitting down on one of the arm chairs and closing his eyes.

"Harry said you needed to tell us stuff," Lupin leaned forward inquisitively raising an eyebrow.

"Urgh Harry can you tell the story," Draco groaned curling up in his armchair and resting his head back.

Draco slipped in and out of consciousness as Harry retold what had happened last night.

"You both need to go talk to the order," He heard Sirius say urgently, "follow me."

Draco kept his eyes closed in hopes that they would leave him be to sleep.

"Draco get up," Sirius muttered as Draco continued to lie on the armchair.

"Oh for christ's sake," he hissed lifting Draco bridal style from the chair and walking for the common room.

"Ok ok put me down," Draco groaned trying to squirm out of Sirius grip.

"The princess decided to wake up," Sirius chuckled.

"Well maybe if Harry didn't snore, I would of gotten some sleep," Draco hissed.

"I don't snore," Harry argued from behind Sirius.

"Sure you don't, It must have been the monsters under your bed then," Draco shot back.

"OUCH," he added finally succeeded in escaping Sirius grip and fell to the floor.

Sirius chuckled and he helped him up and they continued walking swiftly.

"Can the three you stop joking around, this is serious," Lupin chirped up as he quickened his pace.

The three of them went quiet and kept walking.

They arrived at McGonagall's office briskly and where pleased to find the members of the order already sitting around and talking.

"Morning boys," Molly smiled although her face hardened at the sight of their worried faces.

"What's going on," Bill asked suddenly aware of the tension in the room.

"We might have a lead on the case," Sirius said grimly.

They all sat down as Draco and Harry retold the story of last night.

"And they didn't mention any names," Alastor berated Draco again.

"No I already told you they mentioned a girl and a boy but no names," Draco answered tiresomely.

"Why do they need a girl and a boy," Molly asked.

"And you didn't recognise any of the men apart from wormtail," Alastor continued ignoring Molly who crossed her arms over her chest.

"One of the voices sounded familiar but I just couldn't place it," Draco sighed.

A dark silence slipped over everyone until the door burst open.

"Professor, somebody help," Pansy yelled in panic with Ginny behind her.

"Mrs Parkinson what is going on," McGonagall said sternly standing up.

"It's Hermione, she's gone," Ginny panicked.

"What do you mean she's gone," Draco shouted standing up.

"We went to go find you and then she started screaming and when we ran back she was gone and the window was open," Pansy stuttered with tears forming in her eyes.

"They took her to get the boy, they took her to get me and the voice it was him, it was Lucius," Draco stuttered as the facts hit him like a bus.

"No, no it can't be," Narcissa said with wide eyes.

"He took her, I need to go and get her, we need to go now," Draco spat out.

"You're not going anywhere, this is for us to deal with," Sirius said placing a hand on Draco's shoulder.

"That's exactly what they want and we don't even know where they are," Lupin agreed with Sirius.

"They're at the manor in my fathers study," Draco added hastily moving towards the door.

"Why didn't you say this before," Alastor grunted.

"I just didn't want to believe it but he's a horrible person, please he'll hurt her," Draco argued.

"Draco go wait outside the door and take a breather," Sirius ordered as Draco stormed outside.

"Did you hear any other voices when Hermione was yelling," McGonagall questioned.

"No but she sounded terrified," Pansy chocked.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," Sirius swore falling against the wall.

"She's gonna be fine, she's strong and we don't know if what Draco thinks is correct," Lupin soothed pulling Sirius into his arms.

"Well we are going to assume it is true and we need to attack now but we can't let Draco go anywhere near that house," Alastor directed.

"Just protect Draco," Narcissa sobbed.

"Sirius take him to the common room and stay there, don't let him leave," McGonagll said sternly.

"I need to help get her back, I can't just sit here," He pouted.

"You are too emotionally connected and you know it's not a good idea," Lupin rubbed Sirius back, "I'll protect her,"

"Fine," Sirius grumbled and turned towards the door.

"Draco follow me-," he stopped mid sentence.

"Shit," Sirius exclaimed loudly.

"What is it," Arthur asked.

"Draco's gone, he left," Sirius stuttered staring at the empty hallway in front of him.