Lust Or Love

Chapter Five

Another week of tutoring passed and everything seemed to be going quite well. Harry had apologized to Hermione shortly after their small disagreement and once she had her three best friends back by her side she was to be extremely happy.

Unfortunately, roller coasters cant go up forever.

———-

Hermione was standing in the library waiting for Malfoy one night when she felt someone grab her waist. She shivered at the touch and turned around to see who it was. Malfoy stood smirking at her with his shiny grey eyes.

The two students had become rather comfortable around each other recently, probably a result of being together so much.

Hermione returned his smirk with a playful slap on the arm and turned around to start getting her books out when he grabbed her wrist. "What now," she said trying her best to act mad at him.

He grinned, "Just follow me."
"Malfoy we're meant to be studying" She groaned.
"Loosen up Granger," He said raising his eyebrows at her.
"Trust me," "you do trust me right," he repeated after seeing the doubt in her eyes.
She sighed and let Malfoy drag her out of the room.

They crept through the halls, Hermione always close behind the blonde boy. "Where are we going' She asked him. He just shushed her and kept walking. Hermione considered arguing with him but bit her tongue, Malfoy was one of the most stubborn people she had met, excluding herself of course and she knew her efforts would get her nowhere.

Draco slipped through the front doors of the school, making sure Granger was behind him. He made sure to walk a good distance away from the building before finally stopping to look at her. Their eyes locked as he spoke, "thought we could do we a little fresh air."

"Malfoy I swear on Merlins Beard, if we get caught I will murde-," Hermione said but Malfoy cut her off.

"Relax Granger" He responded as he started walking. Hermione ran slightly to catch up with him. "Don't get any ideas though, It's not like we're on a..." his voice trailed off slightly.

Hermione grinned at him "On a what, Malfoy" she asked innocently.

"It's not like we're on a date" He muttered quietly, a pink tinge appearing in his face.

Hermione burst out laughing at this and shoved him playfully, although maybe she was a little too strong because Malfoy tripped and fell onto the grass.

Hermione laughed even louder at this gasping for air and clutching her stomach. She laughed so hard she didn't notice the blonde boy run at her, grab her around the waist and tackle her to the ground.

Malfoy landed on top of her, his weight positioned evenly on his arms. He watched her brown eyes flutter open and her soft lips spread into a smile. He rolled to his left and lay beside her on the grass, staring at the stars as they both burst into hysterics.

"I'm gonna kill you for that," Hermione said when they finally calmed down.

"Only if you can catch me" He replied jumping to his feet and running further away from the school. She sprinted after him until they both finally gave up and sat panting at the foot of a tree. Hermione let her head rest on his shoulder, she could smell the freshly mowed grass in his hair. She felt herself blush slightly at the closeness between them and turned her attention to the daisies growing in the grass.

Malfoy watched the girl as she fiddled with the flowers in the grass. He could feel the weight of her head on his shoulder and his heart fluttered. Why did he feel like this, she was just a girl. Malfoy was used to sleeping around with girls, which is how he kept his sex god reputation, but with her, it felt different. He was awkward around her and every time she smiled his heart would flutter. He didn't know what he felt, was lust or desire or was it

love.

No, it couldn't be, Malfoy's don't fall in love. He turned his attention back to her as she plucked a daisy from the ground, placing it behind her ear. She then plucked another one and turned to face him.

She slowly moved closer, tucking his messy, blonde hair behind his ear. His heart skipped a beat as her hand rested gently on his cheek. He could smell the delicate scent of the flower on her hands, as she carefully placed the flower in his hair before sitting back down beside him and laying her head on his chest.

"Thanks Hermione," he muttered trying not to blush. She stopped suddenly and moved her head to look him in the eyes.
"You just called me Hermione," she said smirking. She felt Malfoy tense and watched as his face went bright right.
"Sorry" he muttered.
"Don't worry about it Draco, it was kinda sweet anyway."

She felt him relax and she smiled squeezing his hand.

They stayed up talking into the early hours of the morning at the foot of the tree, watching the stars disappear above them.

Hermione's throat was aching and her limbs felt heavy as she struggled to keep her eyes open. "Come on," she heard Draco mutter "We need to get back before anyone realizes we're gone."

Hermione groaned and slowly stood up.
"Want a piggyback" Draco asked. She nodded and felt him lift her onto his back. She clung to his neck with her limp arms and closed her eyes.

--------

"I think this is your stop," Draco said suddenly, lowering Hermione from his shoulders. She opened her eyes and saw they were in front of the Gryffindor common rooms. "Thanks" she murmured and she felt Draco give her shoulder a squeeze before walking back down the moving staircase.

Hermione muttered the password and the painting of the fat lady sprung open. She clambered into the common room trying her best to be quiet. She saw Harry asleep on the sofa and tiptoed carefully passed him. She was almost at the top of the staircase when she heard him say her name.

"Hermione, where have you been," He said groggily as he woke up.
"Tutoring Malfoy in the library," she responded calmly.
"Don't lie to me," Harry said a tone of anger in his voice.
"I'm not," she said feeling tears prick her eyes.

Hermione didn't know why she felt like crying, maybe it's the lack of sleep, or maybe it's the fact that her best friend is accusing her of lying, or maybe it's the fact that deep down she knows she is lying to him.

"Yes you are," Harry said his voice growing louder as he ignored the tears in Hermione's eyes. "I was watching you on the map and I saw you and Malfoy in the gardens.

Shit, Hermione thought, she had completely forgotten about the Marauders Map that Harry had received from Fred and George in his third year.

"For your information, Draco and I were just studying outside for some fresh air," Hermione retorted, surprising herself with her snarky tone.
"Oh so he's Draco now," Harry said his voice cold "and you totally weren't shagging him by the lake."

Hermione was taken back by this statement, she knew Harry was mad but she never thought he would assume that she would stoop that low. "Harry I never, I promise you," She said, a lump rising in her throat.
"Your word means shit, Hermione" Harry responded. Hermione felt tears fall from her eyes.
"You know If I wasn't such a good friend, I would report you and that old git to McGonagall," Harry continued.
"Harry please stop, I'm sorry," Hermione's voice broke as she said his name.
"No, You're fraternizing with the enemy," Harry yelled. Hermione turned her head to see Ron and Dean watching from the other staircase.

Not wanting to make a scene she turned and ran up the staircase. "You traitor," she heard Harry yell from behind her.

A sob escaped her lips as she crawled into bed. She could feel shame and guilt consuming her. She wanted to fall asleep and sleep forever but she knew falling asleep was the last thing she would be doing that night.