New Years

Mad Eye is still alive btw

Chapter 21

New Years came around quickly and they were all working hard to clean the house. Draco hadn't talked to his mum since she came to visit and no one dared to bring it up. He decided he was just going to keep his distance during the party and hope for the best.

"Mione someone is here to see you," Lupin yelled from downstairs, Hermione sighed and closed her closet door.

"Send them upstairs," She shouted back and she heard footsteps coming closer to her room.

"Jeez what happened in here," Ginny said from the doorway as she looked at the floor that was covered in clothes.

"Ginny," Hermione exclaimed, "I need help, I don't know what to wear to the party and I'm meant to be downstairs in less than an hour and I want to impress Draco and I don't know what to do."

The redhead laughed at her friend's antics and jumped over piles of clothes to sit on the bed, "I have the perfect solution," she smirked as she reached into the bag she brought and pulled out a dress.

She threw it to Hermione, who walked into the bathroom to change. She slipped the dress on and studied her reflection in the mirror. It was a pale pink, silk, mini dress that hugged her figure tightly, accentuating her waist.

"Hurry up, I wanna see," Ginny complained from the bedroom and Hermione walked out feeling slightly self conscious about showing so much skin.

"Wow Mione, you look stunning," Ginny grinned, "Let me do your makeup and Draco won't be able to take his eyes off you."

Hermione took a seat at her desk and Ginny stood behind her. She started to tame hair Hermione's fizzy hair, which eventually lay straight and then began to work on her makeup. When Ginny finally finished, Hermione looked in the mirror and didn't recognize herself.

"Wow Gin, how the hell did you do that," Hermione said impressed.

"I'm not done yet," Ginny said smiling at the compliment. She pulled out her wand and tapped the girl's shoulder.

Hermione felt warmth spread through her body and as she looked down she saw a subtle tan covering her skin.

"Now you can go downstairs," Ginny smirked as Hermione slipped on a pair of white heels.

The boys were already in the living room when she entered. They turned around at the sound of her heels walking down the stairs and their mouths dropped open.

Hermione felt her face flush deep red and she dropped her head slightly as she walked over to them.

"I'm going to get going," Ginny announced as she stepped into their fireplace, they all said their goodbyes and she disappeared in a cloud of green smoke

Draco stood up and moved over to Hermione, he was wearing black trousers and a white button down with the top few buttons undone.

"You look beautiful," he mumbled quietly as he pulled her into a hug.

"Alright, alright, guests will start arriving soon so can you two go get the finishing touches done," Sirius asked nodding towards Hermione and Harry who headed off into the kitchen.

Draco went to follow them but Lupin stopped him, "Draco can we have word," he asked although it was more of an order. The boy sighed and turned around knowing it couldn't be good news.

"With everything that's going on, we think it's best if you don't drink anything tonight," Lupin lectured and Draco groaned.

"But it's New Years Eve," he debated scowling.