Christmas

Chapter 19

The past few days had been spent moving Christmas trees, getting out decorations, writing cards, and wrapping presents. Spirits were high and enthusiasm bubbled in the air as they all said goodnight on Christmas Eve.

Draco hadn't been this excited for Christmas since he was a young child and even then it was never really celebrated in the Malfoy household. 

They had planned to open presents before heading over to the Weasley's house for Christmas dinner and Draco had to admit he was slightly nervous. He had never really gotten along well with any of them apart from Ginny and he really hoped his apologies would be enough.

Although his fear of meeting the Weasleys was soon replaced by the thrill of his plans for the next morning. It had taken some very careful planning and a lot of help from Sirius and Remus. 

He squirmed in bed that night unable to sleep, thoughts danced in his mind and he couldn't get comfortable. He had just tried turning over his pillows to the colder side when a loud pop from the left of his bed startled him.

He looked over to see Hermione standing there awkwardly. Her brown hair was messy and old mascara was left under her eyes.

Draco couldn't read her expression in the darkness and he just sat watching her quizzically.

"I can't sleep," she said sheepishly as she fiddled with her hair. Draco laughed quietly at her embarrassment and opened up his arms. She happily jumped into the bed beside him and snuggled into his bare chest. He wrapped them both up under the covers and intertwined his fingers with her hair.

"Goodnight Dragon," she whispered quietly and Draco chucked at his new nickname.

"Goodnight Love," he murmured into her ear and she shivered and snuggled closer to him.

----

The soft sunlight seeping through the slightly opened curtains was what woke Draco the next morning. He didn't dare move in an attempt not to stir the sleeping girl on his chest but the change in his breathing was enough for her to wake. She looked up into his silvery grey eyes and he bent down to kiss her gently.

"Morning breath," she groaned as they pulled away from each other.

"Oh you can't speak," he teased as she slapped his chest playfully.

They laid there staring at each other and smiling before Draco's eyes widened. "It's Christmas," he blurted out excitedly.

"Wow I didn't notice," she joked making him roll his eyes.

He sat up and dragged her along with him, 'I want to give you my present now, in private," he announced and she moved away from him and sat crossed legged with her head resting in her hands watching as he reached into his bedside table and pulled out a small wrapped up box with a bow on top.

She reached out eagerly but he moved his hand away, smirking. "First," he grinned, "I need to ask you something."

Hermione furrowed her brow but nodded. She watched as Draco took a long deep breath and opened his mouth, although he didn't speak and instead he sat gaping at her like a fish.

"Spit it out," she said growing more impatient by the second.

"Willyoubemygirlfriend," He stuttered quickly going bright red.

"Can you repeat it in English," she teased although she had heard him clearly.

Draco took another deep breath, 'Will you, please, be my girlfriend," he finally managed to say.