Mutals

Chapter Four

The next two days passed all too quickly for Hermione's liking and soon it was Thursday night and she was walking to the library.

Draco was already there when she arrived and he looked up at her, raising a brow.

Hermione shot him a glare and sat down, placing her books on the table.

She noticed Draco purposely moving away from her and she sighed.

"What," he said innocently.

Hermione bit her tongue, fighting the urge to yell at him.

Draco smirked, he liked making her mad, he liked the way she scrunched up her nose and bit her lip.

He shook his head suddenly, trying to get her out of his mind, what was he thinking, he didn't like anything about her.

Looking up he saw her soft brown eyes studying him as though trying to figure out what he was thinking.

They sat there in silence before she finally spoke. "Malfoy I've been um thinking, and I really don't know how much longer I can keep tutoring you if we're at each other's throats all the time"

Malfoy raised his eyebrows at her. "Not in that way you horny git" She continued "It's just, can't we agree to be mutual."

Malfoy tried to wipe the look of shock of his face and he processed her words. "Are you asking me to be friends with... someone like you, what do you think that's going to do to my reputation."

His words stung Hermione, although she wasn't sure why, she was used to being called names a lot worse.

"I'm not saying we have to be friends in classes and I'm not even saying we have to be friends but I don't know how long I can put up with your snide comments. I'm just asking to be neutral," She said slightly regaining her confidence.

She watched as Malfoy considered her offer for a moment. "Fine," he said sighing "but don't try to talk to me during the day."

Hermione smirked at his answer, it was everything she wanted since she didn't really want to be seen with Malfoy either.

With the deal in place they both started to study in much brighter moods than before.

-

Hours later Hermione trudged back to her common room and flopped down onto the sofa next to Harry.

He waited up for her most nights to check she got back safe. Hermione had told him repeatedly that there is no way she could be in danger as long as she was inside the castle but her words made no difference.

She felt him lay a comforting arm around her and she snuggled into his chest shutting her eyes. "So how was it," Harry asked softly.

Hermione barely opened her mouth as she muttered "really good." She felt Harry tense and she turned her head slightly to look at him. "What,' she asked, "did I do something."

Harry pushed away from her, his voice turning cold "What do you mean it was really good."

Hermione realized her mistake instantly. "Oh Harry," she said "I didn't mean... I was just tired and I," Hermione stuttered trying to answer his question, but for once in her life, she just didn't know the answer.

"You know what Hermione, just forget it," Harry snapped standing up and walking up the stairs to his dormitory before Hermione could say another word. She sighed, she did love Harry but sometimes he could be a little overprotective.

Closing her eyes again she drifted off to sleep

I'll fix it with Harry in the morning she thought to herself.

Sorry, this chapter was kind of short and boring but I felt like developing the plot a little more. Don't worry the next chapter's gonna be really cute ;)