Tension

Chapter 17

The tension between Harry and Draco only grew stronger day by day, there were fights breaking all over the house for no reasons at all. Both their wands had been confiscated to stop them from hexing each other and breaking things but everyones patience had been growing thinner.

"Don't talk about my mother like that you slimy git," Harry yelled trying to push Draco who dodged him swiftly.

"I'll say what I want, you orphan," Malfoy yelled back tackling Harry to the ground. Hermione rushed over to try and help but Lupin stopped her.

"Let them fight it out and then talk it out," He said calmly still reading his book.

"They'll kill each other," A panicked Hermione responded.

"They're both weak, they can't do more than break a nose," Sirius comforted her as she nestled her head in his shoulder, not wanting to watch.

More yells and grunts sounded from Harry and Draco until they both finally stopped and collapsed to the floor covered in blood.

Lupin and Sirius walked over and threw them both into the guest room before they could react, locking the door magically.

"What the hell," They heard Draco yell as he banged on the door.

"Your not coming out till you sort this whole fight thing out" Sirius said calmly as both the adults sat back down on the couch and returned their attention to their books.

The boys shouted in protest for a while before finally going silent. Harry's face and knuckles were bloody, his eyes were black and puffy and he kept clutching his stomach in pain while Draco's freshly healed nose was bleeding again and his ankle and wrist were swollen and red.

They sat in opposite corners of the room not talking for what must of been an hour or two before the smell of dinner wafted under the door and both their stomachs growled.

"They can't starve us," Harry groaned.

"You can last three weeks without food Potter," Malfoy shot back as he cradled his wrist.

They went back to sitting in silence for a while until Harry sighed and clutched his stomach.

"Fine can't we just call a truce, I wanna get out of here," Harry huffed quietly.

"Well, is Harry Potter asking for mercy," Draco sniggered back and Harry rolled his eyes and dropped his head again. When he looked up Draco had his hand out in front of Harry. The green eyed boy hesitated before sighing and shaking Draco's hand.

The door flew open and revealed a furious Hermione, "Finally," She glared before leaving the room.

Draco tried to stand up but his ankle gave out under him and he crashed to the floor.

"Fuck," he groaned clutching his foot. Before he could try to stand up again Harry grabbed him round the waist, threw Draco's arm over his shoulder and half carried him out of the room to the couch where he collapsed clutching his ribs.

"Took you long enough," Sirius muttered walking out of the kitchen with Remus behind him. He sat in front of the boys and dropped a first aid kit on the floor.

"What the hell's that for," Harry scowled looking at the box filled with creams and bandages.

"If you're gonna fight like idiots we're not healing you with magic, you can deal with the recovery so hopefully you decide to calm down next time," Lupin lectured and both the boys groaned.

They sat in silence while the two adults bandaged the boys injurys and cleaned up their cuts.

Harry had two black eyes, a broken nose, a broken rib and a couple broken knuckles while Draco was left with a bruised ankle, a sprained wrist and a bloody nose.

Harry instantly stood up to leave when he was fully cleaned up but Sirius stopped him.

"Just a few ground rules, I want you both in bed all day tomorrow and if this happens again there will be no Christmas and I'll send you both back to school" He snapped and both the boys rolled their eyes. 

-----

"Come in," Draco muttered when someone knocked on his door. Hermione walked in and plopped herself down on the bed. Draco rolled onto his stomach to see her carrying a tray filled with food. She shoved it towards him and his stomach growled as he stuffed as much as he could into his mouth.

Hermione sat and watch him in slight amusement until he finished eating. He sighed and laid back down making Hermione laugh. She wrapped her arms around his neck and laid on his chest.

"I hate you so much, you know that right," she muttered making him laugh.

"Sure but you love me," he teased playing with her hair.

"Don't get too cocky," she said slapping him playfully.

"Love you too," he whispered as he leaned in to kiss her but she once again she turned her head and smirked .

"What," he groaned "I'm friends with Harry, that was the deal."

"I changed my mind he needs to know we're dating first," She grimmed and stood up. Draco instantly felt the warmth leave his body and he growled slightly.

"Why don't you just tell him then," he sulked crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm going to leave that job to you," she said as he grin grew wider across her face.

"He's gonna kill me and the blood will be on your hands," he laughed as she walked towards the door.

"He's too weak, I would tell him while he's got a broken rib it might slow him down," she teased.

"What a cockblock," he muttered but Hermione heard him and burst out laughing as she closed the door behind her.

A/N sorry this is short but I'll post a longer chapter tomorrow. Also check out my new drarry story called letters from him