Holidays

A/N I ship drarry but it isn't a thing in this story so don't get any ideas, this chapter is just character development:)

Chapter 16

Hermione opened her eyes and slowly adjusted to the light. She could hear people talking outside the door and she turned to look at Draco. He was listening intently to the obviously important conversation. She strained her ears to try and hear what the adults were saying.

"They're both relapsing," Lupin's worried voice echoed.

"Yes but they're helping each other," McGonagall added.

"No, they're triggering each other, they should be separated and it will all go away," Snape's cold, icy voice dragged over the others.

"You git, they love each other, it's obvious if you separate them they'll rebel and it will all get worse, without Mione, Malfoy would be dead on the fucking bedroom floor," Sirius yelled over everyone.

Hermione felt her stomach flip, the yelling was too much. She jumped out of bed and ran to the toilet. Draco looked up suddenly and hurried after her, she wretched into the toilet as he held her hair up and rubbed his hand in circles on her back.

"It's okay, it's okay, I'm here," He said quietly as she shivered and threw up again. Apparently the noise was loud enough to get the adult's attention and soon they were all standing in the doorway watching.

"Alright we don't need a whole crowd," Draco scowled not looking away from Granger.

"He's right, we can deal with this and we can finish the conversation later," Lupin said turning to the other adults.

"I think that your conversation is over unless you want to include us in it," Draco said his voice growing colder.

None of the adults said anything as they realized that the kids had heard them and Snape and McGonagall left the room.

Hermione slouched against the cold bathroom walls when she heard the other teachers leave. She closed her eyes and rested her head on her knees.

"Come on bubs, here I'll help you back to bed," Draco said as he picked her up, she slung her legs around his waist and rested her head on his shoulder as he carried her to the bed and laid her down gently.

"So you guys aren't dating, I'm confused," Sirius said watching them with a small smirk creeping on his face.

"No we're not, do you really want me to be dating your daughter," Draco said a similar smirk crossing his own face.

"You're really pushing it aren't you, it's funny now but if you hurt her I swear to god I will kill you," Sirius said leveling the young boy up.

"Dad leave him alone," Hermione grumbled from the bed. Everyone froze at her words, Sirius looked like he could jump with joy at the fact that she had just called him dad but played it off smoothly and laughed softly.

"Mione's right leave the poor boy alone, "Lupin chirped up from a chair where he was reading his book. Draco's smirk grew wider and he raised his eyebrows at Sirius while trying to hold in a laugh.

"You remind me of James," Sirius muttered to Malfoy while ruffling the boy's hair and Draco smiled softly, "I'm surprised your not a Gryffindor honestly," he continued making Draco turn a slight shade of pink.

"I'm sorry but who's James," Draco asked curiously while he sat down on the bed next to Hermione.

"James Potter of course, Harry's dad, he always wore a smirk like that," Sirius replied nonchalantly as he sat down in a chair next to Lupin's.