Interrogations

Chapter 25

THEN:
"All of you, hands now," Sirius yelled slamming the table.
The remaining six kids held out their trembling hands to reveal their silver scars. McGonagall took a sharp intake of breath and Sirius buried his hands in his hair.
"Follow me, all of you," The headmistress snapped
NOW:

Cautiously the kids stood up and started to follow McGonagall with Draco walking slowly at the back. He felt Sirius lay a firm hand on his should and he quickened his pace.

She led them onto the high table then through a back door which Draco recognized as the door that Harry was taken through when his name was pulled out of the goblet of fire.

Harry recognized it as well although as he entered and looked around he saw that instead of a single room there was a long hallway. McGonagall continued to walk down it and they fell into a single file line. There were doors on both sides of the walls with writing above them but they were moving to fast for Harry to read any of them until they stopped outside a door labeled, meeting room #4.

They looked around as they walked into the room, it was mostly empty apart from a long wooden table surrounded by a dozen chairs. 

McGonagall sat down and gestured for the children to do the same. Over the top of scraping chairs, Draco heard Severus whisper a spell to lock the door and his stomach dropped slightly. He looked around at the others, who were all pale and slightly green, as he sat down. He felt Hermione grip his hand tightly as they sat down and he squeezed it reassuringly. 

"Truth or Dare, really," Sirius yelled slamming his hands down on the table and making the kids wince.  

No one answered him and he sighed and sat down as McGonagall spoke calmly.

"We need to know exactly what happened from the start," she told them.

"We don't know what the hell you guys are talking about," Draco stammered trying to sound honest.

"Draco we're not stupid," Lupin said with a sad smile. 

Draco just looked down and dug his nails into his wrist dragging them slightly.

"We need to know what happened, it's important," Narcissa spoke softly.

"Nothing happened,"  Draco muttered again as he felt blood start to seep from the wounds he had created but he continued to sink his nails deeper. 

"Then why the hell is there an almost dead boy on the school grounds this morning, why the hell is he unconscious and covered in cuts and why the hell was he under the imperius curse," Snape yelled standing up so abruptly his chair fell back and clattered to the floor.

Everyone's mouth dropped open and Hermione whimpered slightly. 

"Severus, sit down," McGonagall warned slightly and the Professor sat back down in his seat.

No one spoke for a while until McGonagall stood up, "I think we should give them some time to talk between themselves," she said to the other adults who stood up and followed her out of the room.

Once they had left Draco cast a silencing spell to make sure they couldn't listen in. 

"What do they mean he was under the imperius curse, he was with us the whole time and none of us did it," Harry questioned suddenly.

"No he wasn't, he went outside," Ginny argued.

"Shit, but who could have done that," Harry said rubbing his face in his hands.

"I don't know but why would they want me," Hermione muttered quietly.

"I think we should tell them," Pansy stated confidently.