Nightmares

Chapter 15

Hermione and Draco spent the next few days in his dorm as he refused to go to the hospital wing and Hermione refused to leave him alone.

Madam Pomfrey came in occasionally for checkups and unfortunately for the two students a teacher was always present in the room with them.

They spent the days studying together or playing wizards chess until McGonagall felt comfortable to put Draco back in classes.

-----

Hermione lay in Draco's arms talking to Sirius, who was holding Teddy and sitting in the corner of the room.

"So how long have you guys been together," Sirus asked and Hermione and Draco froze.

"Um, we're not really," Draco started explaining.

"We're not together," Hermione stuttered, sharing a look with Draco.

"Oh ok then, sure," Sirius responded trying to contain a laugh.

A knock at the door interrupted the awkward conversation, everyone looked up expecting to see Ginny or Pansy but to Dracos dismay Severus and Narcissa stood in the doorway. He hadn't seen them since the rather unfriendly incident a couple of days before and he shot them a dirty glare.

Snape nodded at Sirius who stood up and left the room shutting the door behind him. He then turned his attention to Hermione who's hand was still intertwined with Dracos.

"Miss Granger we would like to talk to Draco alone," Snape said in his grimy voice while nodding Hermione towards the door.

"No," Draco interrupted strongly, "she stays and you don't get to call me Draco."

Snape just sighed and both the adults pulled up chairs beside the bed, sitting down. Draco could feel the anger rushing through his veins and he squeezed Hermione's hand tighter. She stroked her thumb along the back of his and he tried to calm his mind. All he wanted was to go back to class and he knew that wouldn't happen if he lost it at Snape.

"How are you feeling," Snape asked in his usual cold voice.

"Good," The boy responded positioning an awkward smile on his face. Snape watched him closely and seemed to be deep in thought before he finally spoke.

"Ok, you may both return to class," he announced leaving the room swiftly. Draco's mother gave him a quick smile which was unreturned before quickly following after Severus.

"It was really that easy," Draco muttered planting a kiss on Hermione's head.

———
The next week back at school passed slowly. Hermione and Draco received many curious looks since they had both disappeared for so long but for the most part no one asked questions.

Harry and Ron seemed awfully uninterested in the whole situation, which Hermione presumed was due to the death glares Ginny gave them whenever they brought it up.

Hermione hadn't been getting much sleep either, she had been getting nightmares most nights which resulted in her screaming and waking everyone up. 

Lavender had moved out of their dorm room because of it, although Hermione and Ginny were very happy to share a dorm alone. Hermione ended up staying up most nights studying until she passed out and slept soundly.

Ginny didn't think it was a good idea but she agreed not to tell anyone. Harry and Ron had noticed something wasn't right about her and she didn't know how much longer she could keep secrets from everyone.

"Mione you look tired, what time did you sleep last night," Harry asked her curiously.

"The same time as you, I just have a lot of work to do," She answered not making eye contact.