Sinking

-Anxiety and panic attacks are mentioned in this chapter and I didn't know if I should put a TW but just incase
-Also Sirius, Remus and Snape are still alive in this story because they didn't deserve to die :)

Chapter Seven

"Granger."

Hermione nestled her head further into Draco's chest.

"Hermione Granger."

Hermione's eyes sprung open and she looked up to see Professor McGonagall staring down at her. She felt Draco's hands intertwined with her hair and she kicked him awake. "What," he groaned opening his eyes. He sat up when he noticed the teacher in front of them. They were both at a loss for words as they sat there dumbstruck.

"I suggest you both go back to dormitories and hurry down for breakfast," McGonagall said with a narrow smile which surprised them both.

"Yes Miss," Draco responded, not looking up.

The teacher stood there studying them both for a second before leaving the library.

Draco and Hermione said a small goodbye before rushing off to their dormitories.

When Hermione arrived at her dormitory, it was almost empty. She got changed fairly quickly and hurried off to breakfast.

She could smell the food before she arrived in the hall and by the time she sat down next to Ginny, she was ravenous. Ginny smiled at her.

"Where were you this morning, I thought you must have already eaten or something," The redhead said.
"Oh I decided to get some study in before breakfast," Hermione responded trying to ignore Harry and Ron's suspicious looks.

———-

Hermione watched the clock tick slowly towards 3:30. She was standing in Herbology on Friday, she couldn't wait for the weekend.

Finally, she heard the bell ring and left quickly heading back to the dormitory. She saw Harry and Ron in front of her and was about to run up to them when she remembered they weren't talking.

She stopped, watching them walk into the common room. Her heart ached for her friends, she wanted everything to go back to the way it was. She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't notice the tears spilling from her eyes as she stepped through the portrait to the common room.

She watched them sitting on the floor setting up a game of wizards chess. She felt out of place as she stood watching them. They seemed happy without her. A sob escaped her and she crumpled to the floor. Harry looked up at her with his soothing green eyes.

"Mione" he yelled rushing to her side.

Her world was spinning and her breath was shallow. Everything was falling and slipping from her grasp but she couldn't stop it. Her knuckles were white and sweaty as she gripped her robes rocking back and forth. There was darkness, creeping darkness, she was sinking into icy water. She could hear her heart thumping in her head, and she gasped for breath. She was sobbing but she could feel it, she couldn't feel anything, she didn't want to feel anything.

Until

he reached out and grabbed her, hugging her firmly to his chest. His voice seemed far away but she clung onto his every word as she was dragged back to reality. She sat there, in the warmth of his embrace, until the tears stopped spilling from her eyes.

"You ok," Harry asked her cautiously. She nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry" she whispered and she felt Harry pull her closer.
"No don't be," He said "I'm the one who didn't trust you, you're literally my sister. I was being a dick."
"You're always a dick" She muttered into his chest.
"Hey!" He yelled playfully "Don't push it."

Harry led Hermione to the couch and poured her a glass of water. They sat there in silence for a while before Harry finally said, "Do you wanna send an owl to Sirius and Remus?" Hermione thought deeply, considering his question.

After the war Harry and Hermione had moved in with Sirius and Remus at 12 Grimmauld place, since her parents didn't have a clue who she was. They were both father figures to Hermione and they saw her as the daughter they never had.

"No" she responded finally "You know that if I tell them that I was upset they would show up at the school."
Harry smiled "Yeah, you're right,"

Eventually, Harry and Hermione stood up. Harry went to inform Ron what had happened since he had left while Harry was comforting Hermione and Hermione went to find Ginny and the others.

They all stayed up late into the night drinking stolen butterbeer and eating cauldron cakes that had been supplied by a house elf.

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, It was interesting to write. Also, don't be shy to drop a follow I'm a bit lonely.