Chapter 22: AUTUMN MOONLIGHT

Summary:

Summary:

Guild Happy Hogging the dungeon records

Notes:

It's been a while and I really felt guilty for not updating. The inspiration wasn't really there so I had to take a break. Back to my reader self and doing marathons of random stuffs.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

A few minutes had passed since Hazy Mist’s dejected figure  sorrily left. The guy really didn’t want his Goddess to pay for the reparation for Misty Castle. However, he knew that the guild wouldn’t agree to pay for the price themselves either. This war would still continue, inevitably dragging them into a battle that they wouldn’t want to face. A battle with their founder. This time, without her showing mercy or sentiments, as how they tried to phrase it earlier.

When beliefs changed, a path should diverge. They couldn’t walk together now that their goals differ from each other.

Hazy Mist could only thicken his face and shamefully left the scene to report to his superior, Misty Lock, the over all guild leader. He knew that the guy wouldn’t appreciate the Goddess’ grace and he was pained for that. Thankfully, Spring Night wouldn’t know.

The guild leader of the 10th server weakly smiled but behind it was a strong resolution. The last words of Li Chunhua echoed on his head, “I will pay for the Misty Castle’s reparation. But this will be the last. Hazy Mist, I hope you learn when it’s good to resist and when it’s the right time to bend. You should calculate the gains and the losses well.”

She wasn’t angry but more like disappointed. “this will be the last”, a fare well. The line has been clearly drawn.

Hazy Mist understood her well. She wanted him to be a good leader. She was entrusting the guild to him…

________

The atmosphere was so heavy that it was awkward and suffocating at the same time. Seven avatars were standing still in the shoreline, not moving, not saying anything.

Steamed Bun Invasion’s mouth was already itching but seeing that everyone tacitly agreed to remain silent, no matter how idiotic he was, he knew that he should hold himself no matter what.

Ye Xiu didn’t know if he should laugh at the situation. Should they really chose to act awkwardly? Even Steamed Bun Invasion was being silent. He wasn’t even sure if the guy knew why they were staying still. Knowing him, he must be just following the others lead.

Ye Xiu rotated his camera to look at Li Chunhua’s avatar. She was also not saying anything.

Was she really affected with the ending of her relationship with Misty Castle?

Maybe she’s worrying about what Chu Yunxiu would think. She once promised the girl that they would stand on the stage together to claim the championship. But now, that promise would surely be broken and it was because of him.