Chapter 28: The Mystery Man

Summary:

Summary:

Pro Players Surround Lord Grim, Begging for a Match???

Notes:

This should've been posted much earlier but I was stuck in Wang Sheng's speech. My brain short-circuited with his dirty schemes.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Five days later. Lord Grim and Spring Night had joined the Guild Heavenly Justice together, causing a second wave of uproar from the GLORY community. On one side was a very famous player guild. On the other side were an immensely popular mystery character and a long lost stray Goddess. With these combined, they immediately began stirring up the news about them that in the past days were slowly dying down. Gossip immediately began to fly around.

They were indeed together. The rumors that Spring Night was seen with Lord Grim had been proven true! Lord Grim, could he be the newly retired God, Ye Qiu?!

Why did they join the Guild Heavenly Justice? Why not Excellent Dynasty or Misty Castle?

Simultaneously, Lou Guanning's marketing team also started their second move. All the big eSport platforms soon came out with another piece of news: Guild Heavenly Justice's leader Loulan Slash was planning on creating a team (Heavenly Sword) to join next season's Pro Alliance!

With the previous news of Lord Grim and Spring Night joining the Guild Heavenly Justice, everyone naturally assumed: That wasn't Lord Grim and Spring Night joining a guild, they were joining Heavenly Sword! A new team housing two Gods!

This news did not only stir up the GLORY fans, even the Clubs were alerted. After this news was verified, the Clubs immediately held their own emergency meetings. But they couldn't do anything. It was the same in the game. They could do nothing but watch as Lord Grim reached Level 52.

At this time, the subjects of the ruckus were really just peacefully leveling up their characters.

"They were being naive with their team roster, but they're being pretty mature in hyping the team up." Ye Xiu commented to Heavenly Sword's action.

Li Chunhua respected these bunch of young masters so she was a little concerned about them, "Mmn, breaking the message into two parts was indeed a good move. But with all of the attention they now have compared to their actual skill that didn't match their popularity......I'm afraid that when they got into the Alliance, they would be condemned."

Ye Xiu understood her, "Then team features..."

"I'm afraid none. Location, unique class, play style, strategy...." Li Chunhua think about her conversation with Lou Guanning a few days ago as she shook her head. This would really be hard for them.

"Wanna call them for a few tips and experience?" Ye Xiu suggested to his compassionate girlfriend.

Li Chunhua was touched, "Will you?"