Chapter 35: A New Member for Team Happy?

Summary:

Summary:

Our Chunhua-jie playing cupid...

Notes:

I don't know if this chapter could match to your liking. It took days for me to delete, rewrite, delete again, but this was all I came up with.

Chapter Text

8-2. The tragic match between Team Void and Excellent Era had ended. Displayed on the wide screen was the disastrous result that left the people watching inside the lounge area blankly staring at it with mouth widely opened.

After the contract signing, they had agreed to watch the match and analyze it as a symbol for the official start of their team operation. But now, they really didn’t know what to comment.  

This was a total disaster. Excellent Era played so mechanically, as if they were following a guide word for word. But Team Void was not a block wood, this isn’t a PvE. With how Excellent Era played, it would be even more surprising if they didn’t lose.

“F*ck!” Wei Chen broke the silence in disgust.

Is this really the Excellent Era that won three consecutive championships with the Battle God, One Autumn Leaf?

No wonder the two Gods had already excused themselves even before the team competition started. What preparing the foods? They had clearly expected this result and opted to stop watching to avoid being disappointed!

Wei Chen had no emotional attachment with Excellent Era, but he still felt some regrets for the fall of this dynasty that he once battled with in the beginning of the Professional Alliance.

Seeing the same Battle Mage on the highlight clips being replayed, Wei Chen became more nostalgic. It was the same character, but the vibe that it was now giving off was completely different.

One Autumn Leaf was always a character that relied on the supports of his teammates. Even Team Hundred Blossoms pointed that out during the Season 3 finals. But the One Autumn Leaf now was a lone wolf, a self-centered immature youth.

Wei Chen shook his head in disappointment at how this era was progressing.

The fame of Samsara’s one-man team had influenced many teams in the alliance, and it was mostly obvious with the recent actions of Excellent Era.

But didn’t they know that Jiang Botao played a big role in his team just like how Wu Xuefeng did with Excellent Era before? If there’s someone who should understand this the most, it should be Tao Xuan. But the old man was acting otherwise.

“Glory is not meant to be played alone,” Wei Chen unknowingly recited Ye Qiu’s catchphrase from his MVP speech in Season 1 as he stared at the corner where the former Battle God disappeared.

Chen Guo turned her head to the source of the voice that said her favorite quotation. Surprisingly, it was the vulgar guy. She sized him up, not believing what she was seeing. She didn’t know why but this battle worn look of Wei Chen made her hate him less.

Spring Bloom [TKA - The King's Avatar fanfiction]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara