Chapter 40: Deception

Notes:

This chapter is mainly for story flow. I will be resuming my constant updates from now on. Thanks for your patience!

[A/N: The following italicized words are only a summary of summer transfers

[A/N: The following italicized words are only a summary of summer transfers. Skipping it won’t affect your reading experience since all of us had read the original version.]

A season once again ended. Before the start of the next season was a summer break where the shocking and exciting transfer period took place.

This time, many surprising transactions caught the attention of the media and the GLORY community.

Xiao Shiqin transferred to the relegated Excellent Era and was condemned for his idiocy. Liu Hao and He Ming, in exchange was traded to Thunderclap.

Blue Rain announced a promotion for a new talent that would be officially joining their team next season: A fourteen years old Blade Master, Lu Hanwen.

Wind Howl’s old General and Captain, Lin Jingyan transferred to Tyranny. Whereas, filling his position was Hundred Blossoms’ All Star Brawler, Tang Hao. Tang Hao has been transferred to Wind Howl for a record breaking price of 10 Million RMB! Just comparing this with Lin Jingyan’s 1 Million transfer price was quite astonishing yet uncomfortable for some fans.

Hundred Blossoms with 10 Million RMB on their hands didn’t find a suitable Spitfire for Dazzling Hundred Blossoms and instead, they let Tyranny to purchase the God-tier character for 16 Million RMB. This was an obvious move and the rumors were proven right as Zhang Jiale announced his comeback with Tyranny. Discontentment with Team Hundred Blossoms and Zhang Jiale flew everywhere. But soon, Hundred Blossoms with 26 Million on their hands acquired Blue Rain’s Yu Feng for 6 Million for their long forgotten Berserker, Falling Scattered Flowers. They also would be developing a new Spitfire specially for Zou Yuan.

In the midst of these shocking transfers that caught the GLORY community off guard, a long expected retirement took place. Tiny Herb’s vice-captain, Deng Fusheng chose not to renew his contract. Replacing his Knight was Team 301’s Xu Bin. And in exchange, Tiny Herb’s Li Yihui was traded for Xu Bin.

Tiny Herb had yet to find a replacement for their loss and someone had already put their hands in the pot. Li Yihui’s former account, the unused Grappler: Flying Drops was sold over to Samsara for a price of 9.5 Million. Samsara’s Grappler Lu Boyuan performed exceptionally well in the playoffs last season. The addition of an All Star character would perfectly complement the team’s need.

Many teams had changed over the summer. Tyranny now had two famous generals. Hundred Blossoms completely rebuilt their team. Wind Howl had invited the rising star Tang Hao as their core. In addition, Blue Rain lost Yu Feng and Tiny Herb lost two All Star players, one due to retirement, another due to a transfer.