Chapter 34: Her Gaze Had Me Scared!

Summary:

Summary:

Couple 1, 2, 3, 4

Notes:

I hope this chapter is long enough to redeem my self from not updating.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

[A/N: Warning lol, longer chapters have higher typo risk and yes, I changed Tang Rou to Yoon-ah. It's so hard to find decent photos of the original, Li Yujie, if you know what I mean.]

*knock knock knock*

April 1, Forest Park. A month and a half had passed since the renovation of Happy's headquarters. The project was hastened but the end result would still make you look at it in awe. Three villas were put together, two were renovated as the team's residence and club, the other one which was the terraced house was left alone for the guild.

Today, the headquarters was expecting a lot of new faces. But they were expecting them to come at night, not early in the morning!

Ye Xiu who was still on a daze, ignored the scream coming from the first floor and continued his rest. He was up until three AM yesterday, no, earlier, training his new found Cleric, Little Cold Hands. If not for the gathering today, then they would have had sleep much later.

He scouted this guy when he infiltrated the Guild Tyrannical Ambition and yes, the infiltration was deliberated for the sole reason of finding a Cleric.

This Cleric had decent skills. His awareness and decision-making is quite remarkable. If it's a 1v1 and he had to heal, his pacing and control was definitely at a pro-level, but if you give him multiple targets, such as one healer for a team, he would start to mess up. Hence, he still needed more practice for improvement.

But he's the only Cleric that they could use for now. Players that were better than him had already been snatched by the clubs and were now nestled in their training camps. Ye Xiu was even lucky that this guy had flaws or he might have failed to find someone that would be willing to join their team. After all, he was not that shameless to steal someone from the other clubs' training camp using the three old men's name and money.

The good thing about him was he was young. Little Cold Hands was only 20 years old. After summer, he was going to be a third year university student. His real name was An Wenyi. Both his family and his school were in City B. And that, however, was the bad thing that Ye Xiu hated about him.

He was studying in City B, specifically, he was studying at Li Chunhua's school. They were even from the same department! The reason he willingly joined the team was because he felt assured having his senior to guide him. Ye Xiu couldn't do anything about it. Li Chunhua was indeed quite popular in her school. What do you call that? Ah right, baifumei - white complexion, rich, and beautiful.