Chapter 32: Side Story: Guówáng, Wánghòu

Summary:

Summary:

Autumn Moonlight is the new Guild Master of Happy.

Notes:

A side story for our Qiu-di.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

GLORY tenth server. A name akin to a ghost in the various guild leaders’ friend’s list lit up. Lord Grim? No. They would even be happy if it’s only Lord Grim. At least that guy had only visited the tenth server once after he ascended to the Heavenly Domain. But this one? It was their regular dose of nausea.

When Lord Grim left for Heavenly Domain, the club guilds heaved a sigh of relief. But not long after, they realized that they were being too complacent and ignorant.

Soft Mist? Steamed Bun Invasion? Those were like tigers without teeth when Lord Grim was not around to lead them. But it turned out that someone else in Guild Happy could also stir up trouble!

Autumn Moonlight. The new guild leader of Happy.

He wasn’t a threat, at least that’s what they thought before. The guy had a regular online time of four hours per day. In those four hours, all he did was to lead a bunch of noobs to dungeon.

Initially, Concealed Light and the others were really just a bunch of noobs. But with this guy’s lead, Guild Happy started to recruit and breed elites.  And that’s when they knew they f*ucked up.

All-time high clear record started to appear again, one after the other. And it wasn’t because of Lord Grim, but the result of the leadership of a guy they called ‘king’.

Kings have their own trusted knights and so Autumn Moonlight. Happy, just like any other guilds was led by their elite teams that could contend, if not crushed the top guilds. They would lie if they said that they hadn’t tried pulling these experts in their own guild or putting a spy on the other’s rank.

However, no spies could enter the high ranking elites of Guild Happy! Why? Because when the guy recruited his helpers, he used his identity, the real identity!

Even if originally, there were spies among the new recruits, they eventually turned their loyalty to the guy who had the power to crush them and execute eight generations of their family, like an ancient monarch. He was strong, both in game and in real life. Men respect the strong and would follow their lead unconditionally.

Within the elite ranks of the guild, the identity of the man behind Autumn Moonlight was no secret, but the guy still treated them as fair guild members. The young master was naturally friendly and amicable and would joke around with them sometimes. His nickname Guówáng Qiu, King Autumn was also part of their passing jokes.

The nickname was overbearing and arrogant; howbeit damnable, was still wildly accepted. This was indeed intriguing and though it couldn’t change anything, the top guilds still wanted to know the story behind this. Little did they know that it was just a passing joke.