2| Angel In the Steam

~Waylon~

~Waylon~

"Kara Forester can die in a dark pit of venomous snakes for all I care!" 

Juniper scoffs as she talks to her best friends Keke of Forester and Markus Crimson, her small entourage laughing while sitting on her bed as she unpacked her clothes into the walk-in closet. She takes all of it every year but that's okay cause I just keep my stuff in a little dresser under my bed. 

Finding the small Oreo cookies served to us as refreshments on the ferry ride over to the island, I carefully broke the seal.

"Ah Wei, don't eat those. The mating ceremony is in six months and your cheeks are chubby enough as it is. Do you want your soulmate to reject you for your weight?" Juni asks as she holds her hand out for me to give them over. 

"No," I sigh as I give them up and she pinches my fat cheek with her thumb and forefinger. 

"Don't worry, I've got you little brother," She smirks as she eats a cookie herself before handing it to her friends. My small tummy grumbling as she did so, I ignore the ache and keep unpacking. 

"Kara Forester is just a jealous bitch who doesn't deserve the attention. Who cares if she's first in our class. Nerds never get anywhere in this life. She's nothing more than a wannabe Lotus if you ask me." Markus huffs and they carry on their conversation as if my existence had rudely interrupted it. 

I finished with all I could out of the trunk and slid it under the space beneath my bed, knowing  I'd set up my small hideaway later when Juniper and her friends were gone. I made the mistake of setting it up in front of them last year and getting made fun of when I put down the stuffed rabbit my grandmother had given me when I was younger. 

With it being late and the night before the first day of school, I want to go to bed early so I don't start tomorrow off exhausted from all the travel and excitement of today. I grab my towel and small shower cady with all my toiletries from home and go to the door. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Juniper asked the second I touched the knob and I feel bad for forgetting to ask for permission first.

"Um, I-I just wanted to shower," I explain, looking down at my feet as I refused to meet her heated emerald green-eyed gaze. 

"You know the rules," Juniper tsks and I bite my lower lip, hoping for forgiveness as he alpha energy looms over me, forcing my knees to wobble.  

"You may leave, but be back in fifteen minutes," She finally lets me go and I can let out a breath of relief. Walking out the door, I go towards to communal bathroom we shared with the floor at the end of the hall. 

After I got in, I set my stuff down on the marble countertop, brushing my teeth first at the sink. A few girls giggled and I used the mirror to watch them as washed their faces together as a part of some kind of nightly routine. Their tinkling laughter of pure radiating happiness were almost contagious and I smiled a bit as I went back to doing my own thing.