7| The Lost Beta

~Alexei~

~Alexei~

"Nnnnnng" 

I groan as I wake up from what felt like a dream, the past day or so split into small fragments of my mind as my head throbbed slightly. But what was real and what wasn't? Did I really try to go to class when I felt like shit? Did I really have a strange goddess stand over me and threaten Juniper with a bow and arrow? 

Did I really kiss Waylon?

"Well it's about time tough guy, I thought you would never wake up," A strong feminine voice disrupts my daydream and I look around.

 I'm in my room now, staring at the ceiling fan until I turn my head and find Artemis sitting at my chair with her legs crossed on the desk. She's toying with her nails as she adds a fresh coat of paint and there's a second bed in my room that wasn't there before. A small burgundy suitcase with the tags still on them from the airport. 

"Who are you? And where did you come from? I don't have a sister," I instantly deny her and she rolls her eyes. 

"I should have known Mama was right when she said father wouldn't dare speak my name," She huffs and applies a deep red coat to the last nail before turning towards me, giving them a gentle blow. 

I know she wouldn't hurt me but the overwhelming sense of intimidation is starting to get to me as I lay my head back. 

"How do I know you're not lying?" I ask and she takes her legs off the desk, dragging the wooden chair across the floor with an awful screech as she plopped it down right beside my bed and sat down. 

"Look at me Apollo, how could you not believe me?" She says and I know she had a point. We were practically identical in looks with the small exception of the fact she was well a she. 

It's the truth

My wolf decides to speak on her behalf as he shares a feeling of disbelief with me. 

"My name is Alexei," I correct her and she waves it off with distaste. 

"Your human name is Alexei, but Mama named you Apollo. It was that bastard father of ours who changed it to Connor when she left. But who changed your name to Alexei?" She asks and I blink a few times. I always dislike accessing the parts of my memories I had boxed away. 

"Alpha Mason changed my name after he killed our father and liberated me from slavery," I tell her and her contempt for the man shows.

"Mama wanted to take you with us but father said he would kill me if she took his future alpha. I'm so sorry, do you like the name Alexei?" She asks and I try to nod but my neck hurts and she tsks under her breath.

"Aish, try not to move around too much. The nurse said you're confined to your room on quarters for a week for the concussion. How did you get these?" She asks as she poked the bump on my forehead and I wince, gently smacking her hand away