12| Fuego

~Alexei~

"So what happened to you anyway? Did you get disowned by the Kailea?" 

The next alpha of the house of Forester, Chase Forester; asked as we changed out of our uniforms in the gym locker room. Our cotton PE uniforms were the same color as our houses and this was the first year I get to wear my burgundy colors instead of navy blue. I prefer it to be honest.

"No, I'm taking my place as Alpha when we graduate," I tell him as he slips his dark green shirt over his head and I unbuttoned my white dress up shirt.

"Aren't you nervous about becoming alpha so soon?" Chase asked and I shrugged, finally slipping out of my shirt while kicking my dress shoes into my locker. 

"Yeah, I guess but I know it won't be that bad. I just hope my tribe accepts me," I admit and Chase sits on the bench to tie his shoes, looking around at the other guys around us. 

Of course, there are other Crimson guys in here but they ignore me for the most part. They're never rude about it and very respectful understanding of the circumstances as to why I was taken away. If anything they're very awkward and I don't know if it's because they don't know how to talk to me as they're alpha, they're intimidated by my powers, or if it's because I was raised as a Kailea. 

"Well, you know you'll always have my support," Chase offers as he ruffles his dark brown hair and his gold-colored gaze meets mine with a smile. He's a true Forester at heart with a personable smile that makes you want to talk for hours on end. 

The slam of a locker grabs my attention and I look over to find Dante grumbling under his breath in his purple gym clothes. The left side of his face still swollen from when I punched him a few times after taking my ring from Wei. A pang of guilt strikes my chest and I know I have to apologize someday for what my wolf did, but not today. 

"I'm kind of excited for the alpha walk though, I mean can you imagine? Ten days away from school just to walk through the packs and be treated like royalty? Sounds like a dream," Chase sighs and I finish tossing on my burgundy shorts while digging through my locker for my shirt. 

"Sounds more like a vacation to me. A much-needed one after all the bullshit assignments Oro Sensei keeps pulling out of his ass," I scoff and finally find it under my towel. 

I don't have a problem messing around in the gym class shirtless, a lot of guys do it and shit I've even done it before. But now that I have a boyfriend it makes me makes me rethink everything and put it on an equal playing field. If I wouldn't want Waylon strutting out in front of fifty people shirtless how could I?