28| I love You Baby

~Alexei~

~Alexei~

"AH FUCK WAYLON! STOP!" 

I cry out once Waylon lays the tiny cotton ball of alcohol to my back to disinfect the scratches. Curling my knees to my chest in front of him while he sits on the toilet seat lid and 

"Hold on, I'm almost done. I'm sorry baby," He apologizes and I grit my teeth as he quickly rubs over the last cut. He covers my bare shoulders in kisses to add to his apology and I take it, knowing he's wearing more bruises than me.

"It's okay Wei, I know you didn't mean it but next time we're clipping your nails first," I warn and he laughs, wrapping his arms around my shoulders so he can kiss my cheek. 

Waylon's scent is still drenching the air but there's a slightly different smell to it and I no longer have the strong desire to aggressively make love to him. 

Instead, it's been replaced by a strange protective instinct that I can't quite get a hold of. I was protective of my sweet little Wei before but now I feel like if anyone uninvited were to try to come within ten feet of him I might just rip them to shreds. 

"Alright, anything to spare my big baby," Wei giggles and I hold his hand in mine, gently kissing it. 

"Do you feel any different?" I ask him out of curiosity and he sighs before kissing the top of my messy wet hair. 

"Not really, just kind of exhausted, a little nauseous, and sore but I think that's because of what we did. It's okay, we can always try again next year. Maybe you were right and my body isn't healthy enough," He says with a twinge of guilt and disappointment which is normal. 

"Don't get too worked up about it alright? Besides your brother is coming today," I try to cheer him up as I turn to see his small smile breaking his gloom. 

"Oh no, I still have to finish prepping Cy's room!" He gasps before bursting out of the bathroom like a shooting ball of energy and I can't help but laugh at my hyper mate. I take my towel and continue drying my hair as I walk into our bedroom in shorts, debating whether or not I want to put on a shirt. I decide to forgo the shirt since its just Wei and me until noon so I might as well start breakfast. 

Hungry, I take a bite of a peach in the kitchen and gather the ingredients to make Waylon's favorite baked french toast with peach topping. I put all my effort into making it perfect for the perfect man I love and adore. I pour the streusel topping before placing it in the oven and wiping my hands on a towel. 

There's a slight loneliness to the house when there's no one else in the room with you and it makes me wonder how Waylon made it these past few months in recovery by himself when I wasn't here.

Since Wei isn't pregnant, maybe we should get a puppy after all.

I put that down on my list of things to do as I do the dishes. It's kind of weird that Waylon hasn't come downstairs yet, I mean I get it he's fixing up Cyprus' room but he usually calls down when he smells his favorite food. 

I walk up to the simple wooden staircase and call out his name with no response. 

"Waylon!" concerned, I rush up the steps and go towards the spare bedroom where Wei should be. But instead of finding him obsessing over smoothing out sheets or fluffing pillowcases, he's sitting on the floor with his head in between his knees. 

Dropping to be on the floor in front of him, I held his hands in mine as he groans. 

"Hey baby, what's wrong? Why are you on the floor?" I ask him, my heart racing just to find him in such a strange position. 

"Mmm, I'm okay hon, just a little dizzy is all," He explains and pulls his chin up to rest on his knees looking a lot paler than before.

"Baby you don't look so good," I gently feel his forehead but there's no sign of a fever. I don't understand why he's feeling so sick. He's never gotten sick the next day like this. 

I pick up my little mate and cradle him in my arms as I bring him to our bedroom down the hall. 

"I just wonder why I'm so tired," He groans as he rests his head in my shoulder. 

"It's okay, I've got you, baby," I lay him down on our soft comforter and he lays down with his head against the pillow.

"Mmm, whatever your making smells delicious," He compliments me as he lays on his side while I pull a blanket over his body and he pulls me in for a gentle kiss. 

"Wait Alexei," Wei suddenly gasps before hopping out of the bed I just put him in and rushing into our bathroom, slamming the door closed behind him. 

Completely baffled I do as he says and wait on our bed for him to come back. Kicking my feet about before laying back and staring at the ceiling. After five minutes or so, I go up to the bathroom door and knock.

"Wei? What's going on?" I ask him and he slowly opens the door with tears pouring down his face as he held his hand over his mouth. 

He points to the sink where a little stick was laying on the countertop that wasn't there before. I peek over and stare at it, two little lines stare back at me but I'm still very confused. Was this a test to see how sick he was? Oh no, could the two lines mean he's dying and that's why he's crying?

"Alexei," He whimpers my name a bit and I turn to him, still so confused when he drops his hand to reveal a wide smile.

"You're so clueless it's kind of annoying but also adorable," he says as comes up beside me and I wrap my arm around his waist.

"What am I even looking at?" I ask him and he picks up the test with pride. 

"Well it's a pregnancy test baby. One line means not pregnant," he explains and I eye the tiny window on the test. 

"But there's two lines," I point out and Waylon giggles again, tilting his head til it fell on my arm. 

"Two lines means your going to be a daddy," He says and I have to pick it up from his hands and look at it myself. 

"No way!" I cry out as I stare in disbelief before putting it down and swinging Wei into my arms. 

"I'm gonna be a dad!" I'm so shocked I can't even think as I hold Waylon in my arms so I can kiss him with his legs wrapped around my waist. 

"Baby!" Wei shouts, surprised by my sudden excitement before I pull out of his kiss and feel the little tears rim my lower lids.

"Wait, do you think I'm gonna be a good dad?" I ask my sweet mate who's just blessed me with the opportunity to be more than just his. 

"Alexei, our baby is so blessed to have you as their kind-natured, strong-willed, big-hearted daddy," 

******************

Yay! A tour of the Waylex home coming tomorrow!