37. Kiss Me Goodbye

*Listen to video while reading for full effect*

~Alexei~

"She's here,"

Waylon's quiet voice is barely audible over the screaming crowd as I hold him close while the snow continues to fall around us. 

"Who's here baby?" I ask him and instantly wish I didn't. I wish I could replay all the moments between us before this point a million times before he raised his index finger to point behind me. 

Slowly turning to meet his gaze, I watched as Juniper Kailea descended the arena stairs from the very top. Her once long brunette hair had been shaved and her green eyes now showed pitch-black. A long gown made of white silk trailed behind her and with every step she took, a frozen path formed behind her. Raising her hands, she formed a massive icicle with her target set on my one true love. 

"EVERYBODY DOWN!" Dante screamed and I grasped my mate's head, forcing him down just in time as we narrowly missed the deadly missile. My heart raced as I forced Waylon beneath me, guarding my mate and three baby boys with my life.

Hovering over my beautiful soulmate, I watched the fear in his eyes grow, but he has nothing to worry about because Juniper will never touch him again and I will make sure of that.

 My boys might grow up without their father, but at least they'll have a fighting chance. 

I gently kiss his forehead, knowing it's only a matter of seconds before she finds Waylon once more and quickly turn around. Pushing against the crowd running away from her and walking straight towards her. 

"ALEXEI!" My mate's shrill scream of my name was hard to ignore as I could hear the fear in his voice.

 But he'll see me again, whether it be in this life or the next. 

"I'm here brother," Ari announces her presence beside me and as much as I want to push her away so she can return to her little Nathan, I know it would be impossible to do so. 

"Alexei," The crowd starts to empty but my best friend follows his mate and stands on the other side of me as we prepare to face the beast once more. Juniper reaches the bottom stair with a devilish smirk and I know this isn't Juniper we're fighting. 

It's Fuyuhiro.

"You took away my brother, my mate, and my kingdom," She speaks in a monotone voice, unlike anything Juniper has ever spoken. Artemis draws her bow and takes aim, ready to fire on my command.