30| Resilient DNA

~Alexei~

Silence

I'm drowning but embracing the silence of the water surrounding me as well as my own heartbeat while my father holds my head beneath the ice cold surface. His screams couldn't be heard from here. 

I'm drowning but at peace.

At five years old, I prayed for my life to end in the water's peaceful silence. 

But my prayer is ignored when the grip on my wet black hair pulls me up above the surface and I cough out the water from my lungs. 

"You ungrateful brat, how dare you step foot outside these walls. I'll make sure you never see the outside again!" My father screamed and spit in my face as he gripped my throat and slammed me against the wall. Too little to fight his strong grip, I'm helpless as he lifts me up and squeezes. Unable to breathe once more, I stare into my father's dark pitch-black eyes before closing my own. 

Finally, he drops me and my leg that he broke earlier makes it impossible to stand. Wincing, I bite down on my lip so hard to keep from screaming that I can taste my own blood. 

"I'm not raising a weak bitch for an alpha, Connor," 

My deadname sends chills down my spine as I feel the blood of my lip dribble down my cheek and the first metal cuff slaps around my wrists. Four cuffs to each of my limbs and as he wraps the last one around my ankle he makes sure to give it a good twist until it snaps and I let out an uncontrollable scream.

"What did I tell you about being a bitch! Take the pain like a real man! Just like my father did to me!" Father had his hands around my throat again before pushing my head back into the bathtub.

"DO YOU HEAR ME ALEXEI!" 

My father yelled as the water-filled my nose and flooded my lungs. But something about the way he said it didn't feel right. 

"WHEN WILL YOU LEARN ALEXEI!" 

He never called me Alexei. 

I wasn't renamed until I came to Kailea after Beta Noah carried me in arms for thirty-six miles to safety. 

"Die bitch," 

"ALEXEI!" 

Gasping for air, I grip at my throat as I wake from my nightmare and fall off the bed, quickly bouncing back on my feet in preparation to fight my captor. 

"Baby calm down, you're okay. It's me," Waylon pleads, out of breath as he now appears in front of me and I blink a few times. 

"It was just a nightmare my love, you're okay," He reminds me as he takes my hands in his, my body still jittery and dripping in my cold sweat. I collapse into his arms and he gently guides me to the floor. Holding me in his arms as I regain my bearing.