25| Alpha Alexei Of Crimson

~Alexei~

~Alexei~

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

"No," 

I groan as I hunt for my phone in an attempt to shut off the alarm with my eyes still closed. My fingertips just gracing the edge of the nightstand as I stretch just a...teensy...tiny bit...more-

THUD

I hit the floor so hard I'm seeing stars as I stare at the ceiling and groan with pain in my back as I try to reassemble my jumbled thought. With a soft beep, the alarm finally shuts up and I look over to find a pair of piercing blue eyes staring down at me. 

"I'm sorry, did I kick you off?" My sweet mate yawns and as much as he likes to stretch, which I can't understand how such a tiny person could take up so much space, my stupidity definitely wasn't his fault. 

"No baby I'm just an idiot so please go back to sleep," I groan and he giggles a little while peering down at me. 

"If you wanted me to sleep, you shouldn't have woken me up," Waylon talks back and I sit up, rubbing the sore spot on the back of my head. 

"Shut up," I jokingly reply and he gives me a small peck on the top of my messy bedhead. 

"Whatever you say cutey," He coos and I roll my eyes. For some reason, he thinks I'm adorable when I first wake up while I'm pretty sure it's just the mate talking and I look like a monster.

 I gather myself up and stumble my way to the bathroom to start getting ready for the day. Containing my thick black locks after brushing my teeth while looking down at my numerous texts from Artemis threatening to whip me if I'm one second late to sparing practice. 

"Shit," I mutter under my breath after looking at the time and realizing I only have twenty minutes to make it to the other side of the pack. Getting ready for my work out, I toss on my crimson hoodie and black shorts before grabbing my gym bag with formal clothing for when I have my meetings. 

I walk out of the master bathroom, practically jogging down the stairs to rush out the door but a shout halts me in my tracks. 

"Where are you going without eating anything?" Waylon calls from the kitchen and I stumble in, still in a tired daze to find him holding out coffee in a to-go mug and I gladly take it. 

"You know you snoozed that alarm five times right?" He says as he sneaks a small box into my gym bag and I nearly choke mid-sip. Five times?! 

"I never said I was a morning person," I mention as I clear my throat and kiss my poor mate who has to deal with me every morning.