15| Waylon's 1st Friend

~Waylon~ 

~Waylon~ 

"Is it okay for me to touch you here?"

Sora asked me as he stood behind me while we looked in the dance mirror. My navy blue sweats contrasted with his royal purple as he pointed to my hip. I gave him permission with a nod and he touched my left side.

"This hip needs to move just a little bit more with a pop, you're almost there Waylon," he critiques as he pushes me forward like he's supposed to and we start the combo all over again. 

This time I move my hips like he told me to as I work my way down to the floor until he reaches out and takes my hand pulling me up again. Swinging me into his arms, I feel like I'm floating until I hit the ground again and focus on my footwork when Sora and I are in sink, sliding my left foot back and forth twice before his hand lands on my back and pulls me into an assisted backflip. 

When we finish, I take two quick breaths before collapsing on the floor and closing my eyes. Sora has the nerve to laugh at me like he's not also exhausted and I feel his presence beside me. 

"Holy shit Waylon are you alright?" Sora suddenly asked and I opened my eyes again to find his gray ones staring at my chest. Dangit, my shirt must have slipped a little too far to one side, showing the beautiful marks Alexei gave me. 

"Huh? Yeah, these are just from my boyfriend," I explain, self consciously pulling my shirt back up. 

"Did he hurt you? Are those from his fists? If so I swear to the god I'm-"

"Sora, I'm okay he made them with his mouth so I guess that means they're a different kind of bruise," I try to explain the best I can. 

"Oh, you let him do that to you?" Sora continues and I lay back with my hands on my stomach, slowing my breathing as it rises and falls. 

"Well, I wanted it so that means it's okay right?" I ask and he nods but by the look in his eyes I know there's something else he wants to say. It was just the two of us working on a combo together before my first competition tomorrow. Then next week we'll be off on our Alpha walk so we won't even get to compete until the end of the month. 

"Yeah, sorry I'm not judging or anything. I just hope my mate wants to do that to me one day. Do you think your boyfriend is your mate?" He asks and I close my eyes, imagining the day Alexei will officially be mine. I don't even want to think about what might happen if he's not. 

"We both think so, but you never really know what the Moon Goddess has in store for you until the ceremony. Do you have a person?" I ask and he looks away, almost as if he's too embarrassed to answer. 

"Oh no, Sora! You have to tell me now!" I gasp as I sit up, resting on my palms and as he leans back against the wall. 

"Okay but you have to promise not to tell anyone," he says and I'm anxious with anticipation.