42| Four Sons

>Casper, Galen, Micah<

~Waylon~

 "Mommy, is that Cycy?" 

Galen asks while tugging on my pant leg. pointing to the small ferry bring the kids back from Antum. Their little sister Noah was fast asleep on my back as the boys got ansty over their big brother's return. 

"Yes but you have to wait until the boat parks, okay baby?" I remind him and Galen nods while Micah decides to hug my leg and not let go. Casper was the only one sitting on the grass, keeping himself occupied in a good way for once. Blowing tiny bubbles to the breeze as he kicked his tiny feet with joy. 

"Oh good, I didn't miss it," Alexei huffs as he catches his breath, scaring me as he appears beside me.

"Just in time sweetheart, did you get it?" I ask him and he hands me the scrolled paper signed by every elder.

"Of course I did. Are we going to go celebrate in the park after this? He did get top student this year," Alexei mentions as if I wasn't already planning on it with the large picnic basket near my foot. 

"Sure, but it depends on how he feels," I tell him honestly as I stare at the paper in disbelief before rolling it back up and handing it to him.

"How do you think he's going to react?" He asks me as he kisses my cheek and the ferry is just about to dock.

"I think he's going to be really happy Alexei, thank you for doing this. He really deserves a father like you after what happened to our parents," I tell him and my husband sighs while gently rubbing my shoulder. 

"I know, he's such a good kid. I'm proud to officially be able to call him-" 

"Daddy! Mommy! Can we go now!" Casper is the first to ask as the kids start getting off the boat and Alexei nods, letting our babies run loose to find their favorite person in the entire world other than us.

 I shift Noah up on my back as we head down the grassy slope to find Cyprus jogging off the boat, throwing his duffle bag to the ground before getting on his knees to greet the triplets. Little Micah trips and falls on the floor. Crying out as Cyprus grabs Galen and Casper, pulling them into a tight hug before he rushes forward to pick up Micah, asking if he's okay while wiping his little tears with his own clean shirt. 

"Welcome home Cy, congratulations on getting top student," I tell him as he hugs me and we kiss each other's cheeks in greeting. 

"Thanks, Wei, it was fun and all but I've never been more excited to come home," he chuckles, putting Micah down before letting Alexei pull him into a tight bear hug. I know Alexei missed his protege every time he had to go back to school but thankfully it's only for half the year.