23| If You Love Me, Let Me Go

~Noah~

"WAYLON!" 

Tristan screamed our baby's name at the top of his lungs but it did nothing to calm the storm surrounding us. If anything the wind picked up speeds to the point where all of us had to hold onto a nearby tree for some kind of anchor.

From the tall cliff, you could see the wall the size of the tsunami rising above the island, threatening to destroy us all but it remained unmoving as if we were in a bubble of protection. The wind and rain all having a single point where its strength was at its maximum. 

That point being my son. 

Waylon seemingly floated just beyond the edge of the cliff, his glowing blue eyes left without white as he stared straight ahead with his arms slowly rising. I feared what might happen when his hands touched. 

Because we've been afraid of this day ever since we discovered his true power as the God of the Ocean. 

"WEI! COME BACK!" Alexei tried calling out but Waylon was deaf to it all. I bit my lower lip, pondering in thought as I figured out the logistics of what I was about to do. Would it work? Maybe. 

But I have to try. 

Because he's my baby. 

With my heart nearly pounding in my throat I let go of the tree I was holding and started walking towards him. 

"Noah? Noah what are you doing? NOAH!" Mason called out to me but I ignored him, continuing to walk through the heavy winds. Because with every storm there has to be an eye and I think Waylon is the center. 

It gets stronger the closer I get, to the point where the ground beneath me is flying away and my husbands' screams turn into gentle murmurs. His hands get closer and closer to touching as I grasp at the dirt just to reach him. Getting to the edge of the cliff, I look down at the sandy beach so far below us and know if we fall, there's no coming back. 

Unless I can soften it.

I take a leap of faith and step out beyond the cliff's edge without looking down. Reaching Wei with just three footsteps. Each one forcing me to feel the wind beneath my feet until I grasped Wei's hands in mine and pulled them down.

A small bubble around us formed through his eye of the storm and I could no longer hear the wind, only the sound of his hyperventilating through his tears. 

"Wei? Baby, it's me," I remind him as I grasp his head in my hands and press my forehead to his. Something Mason often does for me whenever I have a bad PTSD attack or need to be brought back to the center.