3| Do I Look Dangerous?

~Alexei~ 

"Alright everyone, settle down and find your seats," 

Oro Sensei from the house of Lotus addresses the class as we find our seats where we would remain for the year. Exhausted from my language block, I hardly cared at this point as I took my seat at the back lab table and put down my black backpack with my name sewed into the front next to my lab partners. 

I love Oro Sensei's class on the art of witchcraft and potion making ever since he became our teacher two years ago, I just wish my schedule had been timed better this year. Oro Sensei, however, instantly frowns when he sees me. Still holding a grudge over last year's class when I mixed the wrong herb into a healing salve and gave my last lab partner a large 3rd-degree burn. 

He acts like he's the one who still has nightmares over it. 

Speaking of partners, I quickly turned in my wooden stool to introduce myself and damn near had a heart attack. Yanking my hand back out of shock and cursing myself out for not looking before picking a seat. 

Of course, in this large class of fifty, I somehow managed to sit next to one person I've had a crush on since I was ten years old. 

He sits in his seat with a small hunch in his arch as he was far too involved in whatever book he was reading this week. Resting his perfect head in his palm as the sun from the large arching windows shines over him like the sun goddess herself had selected him as her favorite human. Each strand of light brown hair illuminated gold in her light and I'm pretty sure if angelic humans were given wings, he would have a pair. 

His light blue eyes scrolled the page as he thumbed it between his fingers before flipping it. Pushing up his glasses, I'm reminded of last night when be didn't wear any and I got my first ever glimpse of the shirtless and innocent being. 

He's absolutely beautiful in every meaning of the word and yet I could never bring myself to try to get close to him. Chickening out every time. 

Well, not this year. 

Wow, look at you! Where's the confidence now?

My sarcastic wolf Flynn made fun of me as I sucked up the courage to say hello, not like I needed an introduction since we grew up in the same pack and he's the fucking prince. 

"Well, it looks like we're lab partners, Alexei Crimson, nice to meet you," I hold my hand out like a dumbass and Prince Waylon turns his head. His smile fades when he sees me and it leaves me with a dark pit in the bottom of my stomach. 

"Hi," is all Waylon says and looks at my hand suspiciously before taking it. The second he does, a wave of relief washes over me and for once I feel like I can feel something other than the numbness which haunts me. But he lets go too soon and I wish I could have held it for longer.