39| Love That Grows

~Alexei~ 

~Alexei~ 

"Gross," 

I groan after the long breathing tube is removed from my throat and try to sip the apple juice Waylon holds for me through a straw. His soft hand caressing my cheek as I do so. Looking down, I noticed he was in a wheelchair which means something must have happened to him too. 

Was I too late? Is Juniper still alive? Did she get to him? What about the boys? 

"I'm okay, just tired after the surgery to take the triplets out," he explains after reading my worried expression which does nothing to alleviate my worries he gently kisses my forehead. Remaining by my side until the nurses finish their tests, Waylon grips my hand in a way he's never done before, holding on as if he fears the moment he lets go he'll lose me again. 

"Baby, I'm not going anywhere," I promise but he continues holding on and I let him. 

"Alpha Alexei, we're going to increase your pain medication which might make you slightly dizzy," The nurse warns me and I thank him as he leaves. 

"How are you feeling?" Waylon asks and I lay back, closing my eyes for a little bit. 

"My head hurts a lot and I feel like I have bruises everywhere but other than that I'm fine," I reassure him and feel his fingertips graze my shaved hair. 

"Not gonna lie, you kind of look like a shaved chicken," He chuckles and I roll my eyes after opening them.

"Wow, thanks peaches. I can't wait to terrify our babies," I groan and look over to find one of the captive five in the bed beside me. Markus, the man who saved me with Alpha Chase curled up in his arms, both of them were fast asleep.

"That's the man who saved me, Waylon," I tell him and Wei looks over with a small smile.

"I know, he's my brother and he promised me he would do so," Wei explains and suddenly the nurses come back into the room.

"We're sorry Alpha but we're going to have to move you to another room," One of them explains while unlocking the wheels of my hospital bed to push me out while Waylon followed.

I'm so exhausted by everything that I don't even care as we're brought down the long hallway that seems to go on forever. Until I feel like I just blinked and suddenly I'm awake in a brand new room that was slightly darker with a light blue glow coming from somewhere.

"Good morning sweethearts, how was your nap?" Waylon giggles when he sees just how disoriented I am. So much so that I now realize he was no longer talking to just me.

And it's never again going to be just me.

I look over to find we are now sharing a much larger hospital bed and there were not one, not two, but three little bundles in his arms each one a different color. Watching him cradle our three little boys for the first time hit my heart like a hard punch to every single one of my emotions. 

Waylon's just so beautiful he's almost angelic in the way he smiles down at them and not only am I the luckiest man alive to have the privilege of calling him mine, but our boys are absolutely blessed to have Wei as their mother. 

I didn't know it was possible for me to love him more nor was it possible for my heart to seemingly grow in size but it did in that very moment as Waylon's blue-eyed gaze met mine. Without saying anything, he scooted as close to me as possible and I just rested my head on his shoulder while taking in every beautiful detail of our boys for the very first time.

"Hey boys, your daddy is finally awake," Waylon whispers to them as the three of them sleep peacefully. 

"This quiet little one in white is Galen Oliver," Wei says and he was so still that I thought he was a doll and had to watch the rise and fall of his little chest under the blanket to make sure he was actually breathing. The next alpha keeps his eyes closed as I reached over and touched the softest tuft black hair I've ever felt in my life on his tiny head while comparing his natural tanned complexion to my own. 

"This one in green is little Micah Roman, he's a momma's boy already I can tell," Waylon giggles and he scrunched up his brows when I touch his bald head. His perfect lips forming a small pout while taking in deep breaths. 

"And of course, the only one who's wide awake is Casper Brexsen in blue," Waylon chuckles and I gaze at the once hyper kicker blinked rapidly with his little gray eyes on me. The only one who also managed to get his arms loose from his swaddle as he flailed his little arms and I catch one before he hits Micah. His dark hair forming tiny dark swirls as I tucked his tiny fragile arms back into his swaddle before he hurts one of his brothers. 

"Welcome to the world little ones, I'm-" I choke on my words as I look over all three of the most precious beings to ever come into existence. I've dreamed of this moment my entire life and yet the day it comes it's almost surreal. 

"I'm your dad," I tried to hold back the tears but it's too late as my happiness overflows and I cry into Waylon's gentle shoulder. He gently coos as he covers the top of my head in little kisses while sniffling so I know he's crying too.

"They are all ours, Alexei," Waylon whispers and I don't think my poor heart can take any more love from my sweet babies. I've never felt so fulfilled before having my entire world right here in my husband's arms.

"I'm your dad and I love you so much, not a single day will go by where you won't know just how much I love you," I promise my three boys and Wei shifts little Casper into my arms first. Holding the little escape artist with both arms. 

"And you need to chill Casper, you were just born yesterday and you're already causing mayhem," I chastise my little buddy and he gives me this innocent look as if he has no idea what I'm talking about. I chuckle into Wei's shoulder so I don't wake the others.

"I think he's going to be a mini-you," Waylon warns and I kiss Casper's little forehead before helping Wei bring Galen and Micah up to his bare shoulders so they can feel his heart beating and I do the same with Casper.

"I think so too,"

I'm not ready for all this cuteness y'all