Epilogue

~3rd Person~

"She's so beautiful,"

Forbidden

That's what their mother always told them about the oceans surrounding their island.

The Crimson triplets scanned the ocean's welcoming waves while feeling the sand beneath their bare feet, taking their breaths away the second she reached out and just grazed her salty waters upon their perfect toes. Scared by her little ones' growth, she retracts back to the sea and eagerly awaits for them to come to her.  

Casper's the first one to push the small sailboat they stole from their father's fleet across the wet sand. 

"Are you two going to help me out or just stand there?" He grunts and his brothers quickly join his side to help push the small sailboat into the water. Made like a raft with a sail at its center, it's only heavy because of the solid wood making up its floor. 

"And you wonder why I have all the muscle," Casper rolls his eyes as Micah and Galen force the boat forward with less strength than their stockier brother.

"Are you guys sure about this?" Micah asks, adjusting his glasses as they make the final push, getting their boat into the water. 

"We talked about this already Micah," Galen reminds him without the slightest hint of remorse or regret in his duo chromed gaze as he climbs on board. Holding his hand out to Micah, the youngest of their trio takes it and gets yanked forward. 

"I'm surprised you didn't chicken out like last time," Casper comments, already taking hold of the sail in his hands. 

"I couldn't let you guys have all of the fun," Micah snorts, sitting more towards the center as he looks up at the clear sky full of stars. Trying to think of anything other than the fact that he's surrounded by his worst nightmare. 

"Do you think we'll find anything?" Casper asks as he positions the sail to catch the breeze in a way that has them drifting across the water toward the horizon where the moon goddess herself could watch over her beautiful creations while she sorted through their matches and decided on their mate. A process that had taken her fifteen years and wasn't easy with each of them being so different from each other. 

She didn't want to make the same mistake she did with their grandparents in pairing four while accidentally creating multiple couples within a quad instead of just one. She would never admit it to the others but she's not perfect, she can't see the future, and it's rare but some mated pairs just turn sour. Every time it happens, she always takes that person to heart and makes sure she gives them what they truly deserve within their next mate.