13| What's Wrong With Being Confident?

~Waylon~ 

"Hey, watch it!" 

A girl says after I accidentally bump into her while leaving my last class for a day. I nearly jump out of my skin after she scared me and quietly mutter my apologies, bowing my head slightly so she'll leave me alone. 

"You're supposed to be the prince? Pathetic," The girl huffs before going about her business and I bite my lip, trying to get a grip on my watery emotions before the tears let loose. 

I hate the fact that I'm so emotionally vulnerable. I wish I was like Alexei, so strong and confident that I could face anyone and they would never mess with me. 

Gathering what little energy I had left after a long day, I grab hold of my backpack straps and start the silent trudge up to my room. Where I would spend the rest of the night studying for my test in Oro Sensei's class tomorrow morning. It's bad enough I have Alexei's handsome face staring at me the entire time and distracting me. I wonder if he'll pass the test tomorrow. I really hope he does otherwise I'll feel really bad. 

I took the long way back to the dormitory, taking my time watching the crowds die down as the people slowly disappeared with their friends to go do whatever it is people with friends usually do. Not that I would know. 

Crossing the threshold into the hallway leading to the dorms, I'm met with the surprise of loud blaring music that's fueled with so much bass I thought there was an earthquake. The loud burst of laughter rings down the hall and out of curiosity, I try to find the source of happiness. Peeking my head into a classroom, I go one by one but find them all empty and the music stops. 

Losing hope, I check the final class just as the music starts up again and stops once more. 

The tables and chairs had been pushed back with the exception of a single table lining the front with two people sitting behind it. Both the guy and girl who seemed to be running the show had matching black bomber jackets that made them look so intimidating I froze in place.

The dark-skinned girl at the table wore a friendly smile as she looked at the massive crowd of people in front of her and went to say something when she spotted me lingering in the doorway. 

"Oh, come in! We were just about to start!" She says with and waves me in, not even knowing what this was, I slowly walk inside with the door shutting behind me. The pale man beside her wears an unchanged frown that seems to deepen when he sees me, but he says nothing as I make my way to the back of the large crowd. 

"Welcome to the auditions for the Mono Empire dance team. I'm Beta Azariah of Forester and this is my co-captain Alpha Sora of Lotus.  We only have five jackets to give this year and there's about fifty of you so chances are slim to none. Look to your left and right and watch the competition because odds are, they're not to be underestimated," Azariah slams her fist on the table for emphasis, scaring half the crowd as I watch the door. I wonder if there's a way for me to escape before this starts.