8| Know You Won't Tell Nobody Bout Me

~Juniper~

~Juniper~

"FIGHT!" 

I wipe the sweat off my brow as a heavyset guy from Crimson stands across from me in the makeshift ring with a demeaning curl to his lips. If he really thinks he can beat me he's in for one hell of a surprise.

With his brute strength, he tries to take me down with a tackle and I nearly scoff, like I would really make it that easy. With one swift jump, I'm lifted to his eye level where I soak in that hint of fear reflected back in those glowing blue orbs. With one swift punch to the face, he's taken by surprise and I take the time to trip him up, gripping his leg and flipping him back like he's a lightweight. At least to me he is, considering I can squat 500lbs.

When he's lying on the ground, I go to deliver the final blow but he gets a shot in, my brain jostled by the force as he's quickly on top of me. My feet on his abdomen, I kick him as hard as I can but not before he delivers another hit that smacks me sideways.

Forcing me to come face to face with her judgemental glare. 

"Fuck," 

I mutter under my breath before dodging the next one and blocking his last hit, taking his wrist and bending them to kick him so hard he flies off me. The guy lands on the ground in front of me with a loud whistle coming from the referee. Upon examination of my knocked out victim, she announces me as the winner and the crowd goes wild. Some throw tantrums because of the money they lost by betting on my competitor and others scream praises for the amount I won them. 

The next challenge goes up and before bets can be made I forfeit, leaving the ring centered in the basement of our large school and try to find her. 

Once I'm sure she's gone from the crowd, I know there's only one place she could be. 

***

"Ow," 

"Good, feel the pain," 

Kara Forester says as she applies her handcrafted cream to my bruises. She was always better at Lotus Chemistry than I was and makes this specifically for me every fight. She holds my arm in her lap as we sat in the middle of the empty science lab. Because she's so talented, Oro Sensei gave her special permission to use practically anything in the lab storage to create her experiments. 

But this was my favorite one so far. 

Because she made it for me.

"You know, I'm pretty sure if you bottled this stuff up you could sell it in your store for a good price," I tell her as I try to dampen her seething frustration towards me. 

"Juni," She sighs my name and I fell some of the tension dissipate. Kara's always dreamed of opening up her own apothecary for the entire island to use and enjoy her products and one day I'll make that come true. Mated or not.