38. Hey Brother, There's an endless road to rediscover

~Waylon~

~Waylon~

"Where is Alexei?" 

It was the first question I asked when I woke up from my C-section to find Artemis at the bottom of my hospital bed, crying into her mate's shoulder as he rocked her back and forth. Shocked by my voice, she turned her head but makes no attempt to wipe her tears as she opens her mouth only to have her voice silenced by her shaking.

"Lunos Waylon, he's- it's not good," Dante speaks for her and pulls her back into his arms, but that wasn't enough for me. 

"What do you mean it's not good? You can't just say it's not good! I know he's not dead! He can't be!" my shouts flood the room and Ari takes in a shaky breath.

"Alexei sacrificed himself to protect you from Juniper. He was found at the bottom of Britannia cliff face with Markus of Forester. They're not dead but they're both in the intensive care unit in comas. Juniper, however, is dead," Ari manages to say as I try to get up but wince from the pain in my stomach. 

"Hey, you just had three babies Wei, relax." Dante tries to calm me down but it's impossible. Alexei's going through so much pain just because he wanted to protect me so the least I can do is ignore my pain to go see him. I try again and this time I make it to the upright position before nearly collapsing from the pain. 

"I want to see him now!" I yell and Dante hops over, pulling the wheelchair out from the corner of my depressing hospital room.

"Okay, okay hold on, let me help you," Dante pleads and I wait for him, as Ari wraps her arm around my shoulder. Together they help me slide off the bed to the wheelchair and I bite back the pain that makes me nearly pass out. 

"I really don't think this is a good idea," Dante sighs but with one glare he begrudgingly pushes the wheelchair. 

"He's not too far, just off this hallway to the right," Ari sniffles quietly as the three of us make our way down the hall together as one family unit. The darkness of the building makes me question how long I've really been knocked out for. 

"What time is it?" I ask them and Dante checks his watch.

"It's about four in the morning. You had a few complications during your surgery which is why you were out for so long. You almost died Wei," Dante says but I just let out a long sigh. 

"I'm still breathing am I not?" I huff and he ruffles my hair a bit. The hallway seems to go on forever but we eventually reach room 1200 where two names were posted on the door. Alexei of Crimson and Markus Grayson. 

Grayson isn't a house name, it's my grandfather's last name. 

"Waylon, I'm warning you it's not pretty. He's in rough shape," Ari tries to prepare me as she opens the door to his room, but nothing could have prepared me for this.